Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spurs v Albion - on the telly ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
edna krabappel said:
Yeading won't be televised as they will switch it to St James' Park for the money, sorry I mean safety reasons (their ground only holds 3,500).
Nope - the FA will NOT permit this match to be switched to St James Park (after that fiasco with Farnborough v Arsenal a couple of years back, they've thankfully tightened up the rules). It may be switched to Griffin Park or Loftus Road on police advice, but the option to switch to the opponents ground has now (rightly) been abolished.

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Be nice for the Albion to get on TV.

Hopefully I'll be there though :cool:

Is anyone else worried about some of our players impressing in this game and being snapped up by lower Prem clubs or higher Championship ones? :nono:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Silent Bob said:
Is anyone else worried about some of our players impressing in this game and being snapped up by lower Prem clubs or higher Championship ones? :nono:

nope

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Well I am. Although I'm predisposed towards worrying.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Easy 10 said:
Nope - the FA will NOT permit this match to be switched to St James Park (after that fiasco with Farnborough v Arsenal a couple of years back, they've thankfully tightened up the rules). It may be switched to Griffin Park or Loftus Road on police advice, but the option to switch to the opponents ground has now (rightly) been abolished.

Well that's something at least.

A couple of Yeading people were on TV yesterday and frankly they appeared 95% certain it wouldn't be at their ground due to safety concerns. It holds 3500, of which something like 200 are seats.

Still can't see the TV companies going for it even if it is at Loftus Road, as there's bugger all chance of an upset. I reckon Griffin Park would be a better bet for Yeading, as it's smaller, more compact and might just generate an atmosphere to upset Newcastle and their despicable chairman Shepherd in particular.

But they'll probably take Loftus Road for the money.

Where the hell is Yeading anyway?

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
edna krabappel said:

Where the hell is Yeading anyway?

warren_map.jpg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ah, that Yeading!

Looking at that map, I sense an opportunity for them here. Keep the tie where it is, and provide corporate hospitality packages at the Guru Nanak Sikh School.

:lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I may be wrong on this (it has been known, on occasion). But I think that all clubs competing in the FA Cup now have to sign up to confirm that, in safety terms, their ground CAN cope with whoever they may end up being drawn against. If that then turns out not to be the case, then they are banned from the FA Cup the following season.

If Yeadings capacity is designated as 3,000, then they print and sell 3,000 tickets for the Newcastle game. Simple, innit. The ground MUST have a safety certificate for that capacity, so it should be just as safe for 3,000 fans to pack in and watch Yeading v Newcastle as it is Yeading v Dover Athletic (or whoever). I don't see why it shouldn't be played at Yeadings ground.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Easy 10 said:
I may be wrong on this (it has been known, on occasion). But I think that all clubs competing in the FA Cup now have to sign up to confirm that, in safety terms, their ground CAN cope with whoever they may end up being drawn against. If that then turns out not to be the case, then they are banned from the FA Cup the following season.

If Yeadings capacity is designated as 3,000, then they print and sell 3,000 tickets for the Newcastle game. Simple, innit. The ground MUST have a safety certificate for that capacity, so it should be just as safe for 3,000 fans to pack in and watch Yeading v Newcastle as it is Yeading v Dover Athletic (or whoever). I don't see why it shouldn't be played at Yeadings ground.

It's not like 10,000 Newcastle fans are going to come down without tickets and storm the ground is it!

I have to say though if I were a Yeading fan I'd like the game moved so the smaller clubs can cash in on the big team games. I agree with the romance that Easy has here that you should stick to the venue but money makes the world go around these days...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The draw should NOT be fannyed about with. End of.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I tried "fannied" but I didn't think it looked right. In hindsight though, now it has been pointed out by M B, it does indeed look correct.

I find this a little disturbing, as its something my brain would have picked up on less than a week ago. What on earth is happening to me ?

Last edited:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Easy 10 said:
I tried "fannied" but I didn't think it looked right. In hindsight though, now it has been pointed out by M B, it does indeed look correct.

I find this a little disturbing, as its something my brain would have picked up on less than a week ago. What on earth is happening to me ?

Perhaps it was your evening at the 1980 East German Swim-Coach Reunion Disco. It could also explain the downy hair on your forearms.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Come on Lammy, if there's something on your mind do please speak up. I don't bite. :)

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Easy, from the BBC News Website about Yeading NOT switching to St James and possibly using the two aforementioned grounds:

"But Football Association rules state that games can only be moved on safety reasons to the nearest neutral ground."

"The FA moved to strengthen rules after Farnborough's tie with Arsenal two years ago was switched to Highbury for safety reasons.

Since then clubs have been required to state their maximum capacity and give an undertaking that they can stage all fixtures, regardless of opposition, before the competition starts.

The FA has also banned the switching of ties for financial reasons.

If games still have to be moved, the nearest available neutral ground must first be considered and any extra income paid into a central pool. "

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here