Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Spurs game postponed (CONFIRMED 09/12/2021)

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Well this is heading for the bear pit...

Having purchased two for me and my daughter a month ago, we were really looking forward to the match together, Now all I want is them to announce the new date, so I can claim my refund, apparently you can't claim a refund until they announce new a date, which is likely to be a night game and I can't take her, so will get a refund from the west stand and depending on the date I might buy a cheaper one in the north on my own.

Thoroughly pissed off, I now have to go shopping with the wife....

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Having purchased two for me and my daughter a month ago, we were really looking forward to the match together, Now all I want is them to announce the new date, so I can claim my refund, apparently you can't claim a refund until they announce new a date, which is likely to be a night game and I can't take her, so will get a refund from the west stand and depending on the date I might buy a cheaper one in the north on my own.

Who in their right mind would tell their wife that it was been cancelled :facepalm:

No sympathy here :p

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Harsh alternative.

can you not mow the lawn or wash the car?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Anti drink drive laws campaigners are conspiracy theorists who have beliefs which can be as extreme as believing it is all to do with government control over the population, or less extreme such as that alcohol is not proven to be unsafe and could cause health problems we don't yet know about.

People who want to drink and drive are just people who want to drink and drive, but are otherwise supportive of driving safety.

I change the subject and you see how daft your reasoning is :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bozza will probably ban me if I answer that question, but I don't think it's EVER a good thing to generalise a large section of the population and then be hostile towards them. The reality is that everyone is different, and they will have their own personal reasons for not getting vaccinated.

At the end of the day it's not appropriate to call our players ****s.

Back in the 80s I used to know people who had their own private reasons for not wishing to associate with jews and black people. That was fine because it was a private matter, you see.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Bozza will probably ban me if I answer that question, but I don't think it's EVER a good thing to generalise a large section of the population and then be hostile towards them. The reality is that everyone is different, and they will have their own personal reasons for not getting vaccinated.

At the end of the day it's not appropriate to call our players ****s.

It is right that everyone who doesn't get jabbed has their own reasons. Sometimes good, sometimes less so.

But from all of the people I know who haven't got the jab or were forced into it by stringent rules in Germany and in the Care Sector here, almost all of them are against vaccination or they would have had it. You cannot be supportive of vaccination and reject it unless you either think there is something wrong with the vaccine scientifically or unless you are generally unsupportive of vaccines. You appear as though you are reasonably trying to express support whilst at the same time justifying poor choices.

I am not an advocate of compulsory vaccination, but at least be more honest with people and stop your impossible line of reasoning.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Hopefully sending this thread running on a different tangent, I notice in today's training photos we have Roberts, Offiah and Furlong training with the first team, showing how bare-bones we are at the back... (and Marc Leonard, but he's not a defender!)

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/galleries/2408724/gallery-players-sporting-winter-wear

I think Roberts is always training with the first team?

Interesting to see the others though. Would expect one of them to be on the bench against Wolves.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Good news seeing these two back in training.

[tweet]1469330059303571462[/tweet]

We have missed Welbeck in particular. I honestly believe that had he been present we would have had a fair number of extra points.It may has resulted in those last minute Maupay goals being winners instead.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
We have different experiences and opinions on this matter, let's leave it at that, as this isn't the thread for this particular discussion. I just think people should respect the personal choices of others and not call our Albion players ****s.

Does that include Connolly?

Asking for... well, you.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Imagine being a STH who has paid for the seat, couldn’t make the game, passed their ticket on but can make the rearranged game and now can’t seat in his/her own seat, and will have to fork out another £50+ to watch the game

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We have different experiences and opinions on this matter, let's leave it at that, as this isn't the thread for this particular discussion. I just think people should respect the personal choices of others and not call our Albion players ****s.

I agree with that.

But I recall that your personal choice was based on the fact that you have had Covid and have a low risk of catching it and passing it on. Whether that is a sufficient reason or not to get jabbed (I say not), this would not mean that any personal choice is acceptable. Which was my point about drink driving. Chosing to ignore a societal requirement because you think you know best is somewhere between delusional and downright arrogance.

All that said, what is the average take up of 20 somethings for their second jab? The numbers quoted earlier for the players look pretty good to me. I'm not sure what al the fuss is about :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm seriously not allowed to discuss my personal choices of vaccination on here. [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] has banned me from the covid forum and he will probably ban me from the main forum... so please stop provoking me. It's unfair for you to mention my views if I'm not allowed to defend them.

Drink driving is the act of driving a highly dangerous machine that can kill numerous people, while intoxicated, which greatly increases the risk already present.

I'm not permitted to describe my understanding of the risk of not getting vaccinated on NSC, but it is not a societal requirement and it is my personal choice not to have one which is within the law. If I believed a single person would be affected by my choice then I would reconsider.

I sincerely apologise. I didn't know that. :thumbsup:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm seriously not allowed to discuss my personal choices of vaccination on here. [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] has banned me from the covid forum and he will probably ban me from the main forum... so please stop provoking me. It's unfair for you to mention my views if I'm not allowed to defend them.

Drink driving is the act of driving a highly dangerous machine that can kill numerous people, while intoxicated, which greatly increases the risk already present.

I'm not permitted to describe my understanding of the risk of not getting vaccinated on NSC, but it is not a societal requirement and it is my personal choice not to have one which is within the law. If I believed a single person would be affected by my choice then I would reconsider.

You've been banned from the Covid forum for repeatedly saying there is no need for people to have vaccines any more (I'm paraphrasing because I've got better things to do with my time than go and re-quote all your posts, again), which goes against the advice of all and any medical and scientific advisors I can find.

The message is clear, and in fact since Omicron's arrival is clearer than ever: getting vaccinated is proven to protect against serious illness and death and unless someone has a medical reason why they can not be vaccinated (and they'll be aware if that is the case), then they should get vaccinated. Vaccines save lives.

Please do NO respond to this post because, in doing so, you'll almost certainly go down the same path before, which will end up in the measures you expect.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Anti vaxers are conspiracy theorists who have beliefs which can be as extreme as believing it is all to do with government control over the population, or less extreme such as that the vaccines are not proven to be safe and could cause health problems we don't yet know about.

People who don't want to have the vaccine are just people who don't want to have the vaccine, but are otherwise supportive of it.

I don’t agree with this view, but it’s up to you.

However given some of the data coming out at the moment is showing the best protection is 2 jabs and infection (you were correct about infection levels helping) whilst infection alone offers little or no protection against Omicron, does that not change your mind at all?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here