Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Spurs game postponed (CONFIRMED 09/12/2021)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Is it just me, I am extremely disappointed with those that have not be vaccinated. Is it to do with religion or Is it I don t give a sh*t

Any other reasons?
So disappointed in this attitude from our lads.:nono:

I agree it's disappointing.

It's not to do with religion.

Likely see themselves as super human. If you want a really bad example though, head over to the USA and google "Aaron Rogers"

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I struggle to see how The Times would get complete information on the vaccine status of every player in every team?

I don't believe they could. However, it may be that clubs have been requested to supply the PL with overall squad %s. If this is the case, it would be entirely feasible that this has been leaked to the media.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Journalists will talk to staff members they know off the record and get ballpark estimates of the % of the squad that are vaccinated. Pretty much how journalism has always worked.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't believe they could. However, it may be that clubs have been requested to supply the PL with overall squad %s. If this is the case, it would be entirely feasible that this has been leaked to the media.

Exactly.

A statement released on Tuesday said: "The Premier League can confirm today that 81 per cent of players have received at least one Covid-19 vaccination dose with 68 per cent now fully vaccinated.

"Vaccination rates are collected by the Premier League on a weekly basis and the league continues to work with clubs to encourage vaccination among players and club staff."​

https://www.skysports.com/football/...covid-19-81-per-cent-have-received-first-dose

D

Deleted member 2719

I agree it's disappointing.

It's not to do with religion.

Likely see themselves as super human. If you want a really bad example though, head over to the USA and google "Aaron Rogers"

I was just trying to give them some excuse....................players statements would be nice to know why they don't support what appears the vast fanbase of BHA, (well a couple of doddery old codgers on NSC) and the country do.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I was just trying to give them some excuse....................players statements would be nice to know why they don't support what appears the vast fanbase of BHA, (well a couple of doddery old codgers on NSC) and the country do.

Why is their medical information any more important than mine or yours? IF only vaccinated people could go to games, I would agree, but as even fans can get in with a lateral flow (and no vaccine) then no different to players

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
No, not just you. Very poor show from our lads, if true.

Perhaps it's time for the EPL to actually lay down some guidelines (which they should have done months ago if they were competent). Maybe someting like games can be postponed if you have more than X number of vaccinated players testing positive?

V poor, I find it baffling. I'm surprised the club haven't stepped in.

Who'd have thought so many professional sports people would be anti-vaxers.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Graham Potter has encouraged his Brighton players to get vaccinated against Covid-19 after revealing the virus claimed the life of a family member.

The Premier League confirmed 11 new positive cases from the latest round of testing on Monday but while vaccination is not mandatory for players, Brighton boss Potter has recommended that everyone gets as protected as possible.

"For many reasons that's the sensible thing to do," said Potter.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...inated-after-losing-family-member-to-covid-19

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Probably there is a variety of reasons... they are young and among the fittest people out there and might not think Covid could cause any severe issues for them. They are also in a job where their bodies are the main tool and even if vaccination would only make them a bit tired and hazy for two days or so, that is a disadvantage in a highly competitive environment. They are also in relatively large but tight groups meaning if one player does not want to get vaccinated, it is easy for others to make the same decision.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
People who don't want to have the vaccine are just people who don't want to have the vaccine, but are otherwise supportive of it.

That is nonsensical.

A bit like 'Oh I'm a huge Manchester City supporter'. But never go to a match and moreover never intend to go.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
There really isn't as much space for rearranged fixtures as you might think. Although there are no Premier League mid week matches scheduled there is plenty of other things going on which limits what dates are available for some clubs.

Here is the current schedule between now and the end of the season.

Jan 4-5-6 League Cup Semi Finals Leg 1
Jan 11-12-13 League Cup Semi Finals Leg 2
Jan 18-19-20 FA Cup 3rd Round Replays
Jan 25-26-27 International Break (no Uefa games scheduled so is acting as a mid season break for players from Europe, clubs still have to release non European players)
Feb 1-2-3 International Break
Feb 8-9-10
Feb 15-16-17 FA Cup 4th Round Replays/European Week
Feb 22-23-24 European Week
Mar 1-2-3 FA Cup 5th Round
Mar 8-9-10 European Week
Mar 15-16-17 European Week
Mar 22-23-24 International Break
Mar 29-30-31 International Break
Apr 5-6-7 European Week
Apr 12-13-14 European Week
Apr 19-20-21
Apr 26-27-28 European Week
May 3-4-5 European Week
May 10-11-12
May 17-18-19

We only have 4 weeks where there is no mid-week football scheduled. There is some rule that also stops domestic league games taking place within 50km of a Champions League game (pretty certain this covers the Europa League and Conference League too), which will further complicate things for some clubs. Obviously any game that needs to be re-arranged at the Amex isn't going to be a problem for that rule, but we currently have to fit in both Chelsea and Spurs, one of whom, at least, is still involved in European competition.

There is huge potential for a backlog to fixtures to really cause a mess.
And 8,9,10 Feb is not possible for either of our rearranged matches against Spurs or Chelsea.

Chelsea has already been postponed from then and Spurs play Southampton

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
And 8,9,10 Feb is not possible for either of our rearranged matches against Spurs or Chelsea.

Chelsea has already been postponed from then and Spurs play Southampton

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

Yes, I forgot to change 8-9-10 Feb as a normal match week and we aren't playing in it.

So it's actually only 3 mid weeks without any other football between now and the end of the season.

Other potential problems for us include our game at Man City being on the same weekend as the FA Cup QF and the trip to Spurs being on the same weekend as the Semi Finals (obviously I'm fully expecting our cup involvement to be the problem there not Spurs).

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Anti vaxers are conspiracy theorists who have beliefs which can be as extreme as believing it is all to do with government control over the population, or less extreme such as that the vaccines are not proven to be safe and could cause health problems we don't yet know about.

People who don't want to have the vaccine are just people who don't want to have the vaccine, but are otherwise supportive of it.

So, the difference between unconciously being a **** and deliberately being a **** then. Same difference - still a ****.

NigelL

Feb 23, 2012
Reading this thread it makes it sound like this is a deliberate money making ploy by the club, who have been silently praying for just such a situation to arise , so that they can grab a couple of extra quid, rather than a situation born out of circumstance., which will cost the club many tens of thousands of £s due to the late calling off of the game

There is also a belief that its very simple to alter a ticketing system to do something it isn't designed to do, and to do that overnight. What people think IT can do "easily", and what it can actually do are miles apart. To rewrite the code to enable the exchange to revert tickets back to original owners simply would not have been written into the program. Its not a case of just clicking on a button and all is well. Anyone who has worked with IT systems that have had a quick minor update will have experienced that awful feeling of "oh ****-now its completely screwed". Simple fixes rarely are simple

The club do not get everything right, but some people on here seem to think that they are out to get us at every available opportunity and there is a department specifically looking to cheat, swindle, aggravate and discourage anyone from attending at every opportunity

I work in IT and don’t assume it will be easy to make changes in the fly. I would have expected a ticketing system (I doubt the Albion have had a bespoke system created from scratch for them) to be able to accommodate cancellation and rescheduling.

I’ve always had concerns over the small print of the ticket sharing system where it states that once shared, no further changes can be made. I’m not entirely sure why sharing the ticket electronically rather than by using a paper ticket wasn’t a requirement too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I suggest trying to understand why sportspeople including our players aren't getting vaccinated, rather than foaming at the mouth and getting all sweary about it calling them ****s.

I suggest you stop jumping to conclusions as to what word is behind ****. And the only person foaming at the mouth round here is the one claiming that people calling out idiots for not vaccinating are swearing at them. And what is it you want people to understand? Stupidity or selfishness?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Maybe at the next game we could get some songs going to encourage our lads to get the jab?

:moo:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I would have expected a ticketing system (I doubt the Albion have had a bespoke system created from scratch for them) to be able to accommodate cancellation and rescheduling.

We're using an off the shelf solution that is being used by at least half the clubs in the PL. Made by company called Fortress GB.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here