Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sports you hate....

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
The tour de france. millions of people turn out to watch them whizz past at 40 mph so in 10 seconds it's over.

"here they come"
WHOOOOSH !!!
"same time next year"

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
American football - So clearly rugby without the bollox
Baseball - just so dull with contrived singing
Basketball - its netball
Nascar - its round & round & round & round & :shrug:

makes you wonder why I married a yank eh :shrug:

Oh and

Golf - A scot invented it, it must be dull :shrug:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
One reason I really hate rugby is the because of of the pea-brained posh twats with their ridiculous initiation ceremonies and pathetic drinking songs that seem to heavily populate the game.
I also can't stand the hypocrisy of the 'rugby's a thug's game played by gentlemen while football..........' line. Some of the cheating and deliberate illegal violence you get in rugby is f***ing obscene and often far worse than anything you ever see in football. Just class snobbery in my view.

And it's boring.

Odd that in all the years I've played rugby, I've never come across any 'posh pea brained twats'. That assumption is about as accurate as saying that all football fans are hooligans. As for the violence, yes it's true that rugby players try to beat crap out of their opponents for 80 mins, but that's the game, and it all finishes when the final whistle blows.

As for sports that are crap, I think snooker is incredibly dull, I even find playing pool in the pub boring.

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
Odd that in all the years I've played rugby, I've never come across any 'posh pea brained twats'. That assumption is about as accurate as saying that all football fans are hooligans. As for the violence, yes it's true that rugby players try to beat crap out of their opponents for 80 mins, but that's the game, and it all finishes when the final whistle blows.

As for sports that are crap, I think snooker is incredibly dull, I even find playing pool in the pub boring.

How is eye-gouging, stamping on heads etc. 'the game'? I thought it was about scoring tries etc. within the rules of the game.

As for the posh thing, that's really my experience of university rugby teams, I'm sorry for any offence, I don't mean to disparage everyone who plays the game.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
The tour de france. millions of people turn out to watch them whizz past at 40 mph so in 10 seconds it's over.

"here they come"
WHOOOOSH !!!
"same time next year"

To that extent, it's the Continent's answer to American football -- the thing of real consequence is the standing around the motor home or caravan in the parking lot drinking.

Truth be told, cycling's better, because it's only 40 seconds and you can get back to your beer. In football, it's three hours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here