Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Amy Williams

Votes: 6 4.9%

• Total voters

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Another vintage year for British sport and a stellar line up. Who will your vote be going to??

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Won in the past by those great raconteurs, Nick Faldo and Nigel Mansell?

Obviously it has sporting links, but it doesn't go to the best "sporting" performance of they year, so really means very little. There are times when it is obvious who it goes to, and Faldo, quite rightly won it as a six times major winner.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Obviously it has sporting links, but it doesn't go to the best "sporting" performance of they year, so really means very little. There are times when it is obvious who it goes to, and Faldo, quite rightly won it as a six times major winner.

I'm not sure why you're complaining - the award is very clearly "Sports Personality of the year", not "Sports Performance of the year".

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Paul Scholes

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Sure.

The point is nowhere does the name of the award suggest that it should go to the best performer. Which is handy as it rarely does.

Surely the title alone suggests it is for the most successful sports peronality?

What about some of the other awards 'BBC Sports Personality Team of the Year Award' or 'BBC Sports Personality of the Year Coach Award'. You don't need to throw in best performer or what-have-you. Picking the best is a gimme, shirley?

It is difficult to compare achievements though, so I am sure not everyone is going to agree with the eventual winner. The whole thing has been muddied now they have included a pub game wizard.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Well worth a :bounce: with the real vote on tonight.

Will NSC reflect the view of the nation (as usual :lolol:)

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I voted for Graham Swann because I like cricket :lolol:. As long as Tom Daley doesn't win I don't really give a shit. But I think
Swann or Taylor should definately win it

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I put a tenner on Graeme McDowell (4/1) this morning. He's had a great year. Golf is a real sport and the BBC show a fair bit of it in the spring/summer.

Wouldn't mind seeing Tony McCoy win it though and jockeys are probably the bravest of them all but favourites have a poor record in SPOTY. There could well be a surprise...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No Soccerballists in the list, so what will we have to look forward to:-

David Beckham receiving a lifetime achievement award.

(In fairness I don't have a problem with this, but would we have it should we have won the W/C)

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I don't follow many of the contestants on the shortlist but I'll go for Jessica Ennis as I watched the last athletics event where GB did well.

As was said, as long as Daley doesn't win I'll be happy.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Jess for me
just hope the pub game player doesn't win it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here