Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sporting Colours

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
dwayne said:
At least you've tried to address the points,...

I can see the niche and fair call with the location but I can't see the demand being great enough to make this a viable venture.

And exactly who gives a shit about what you think ?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
dougdeep said:
sporting06.jpg

Blimey, you got David Baddiel to open it then. :jester:

Or keith from the office

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
The shop looks classy and all the best with the new venture.

You deserve to succeed with it and I for one will be encouraging relatives to visit and purchase my presents.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Will be visiting too.

having had many bad experiences buying stuff off the internet:

- not being at home for delivery
- goods not sent as per description
- good taking an age to arrive

I for one will be supporting my local purveyor of proud to wear sporting leisurewear.

besides, I can guarantee that i wont be seeing 200lbs of ginger black beefcake with a dead sister in there, last seen wearing stone island and a shiny suit whilst stalking people on the way home from Millwall.

Oct 25, 2003
Hatterlovesbrighton said:
No physical shop can ever hope to have a competitive advantage on an internet seller. TLO isn't trying to capture the people that think "I want a Toffs shirt, and I know exactly which one I want" those consumers will look into every possible means to get it.

IMHO TLO has opened the shop because he sees that there is a market for retro style football wear in Brighton. A town where people have a relatively large amount of disposable income and want to remain trendy even when they are past 30. That's why TLO has gone for a location in the laines. If he went for a shop in Western Road he wouldn't get the right sort of customers, but the laines has excatly the right sort of clientele for this to be a success.

Fact of the matter is that if you want something very cheap then you'll be able to find it if you look hard enough, but cost isn't always the principle driver.

LAINE, north LAINE

not LAINES:angry:

but well said:clap:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I live in Brighton. I'm over 30. I've got some money. I'm going there TOMORROW, to see Alan and to SPEND some of it - either on me or maybe on my folks for Xmas I hope he has an XXXXXL old-skool Germany shirt in for me, or I'll ask him to order me one.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Looks KEWL! all I want for Christmas is an Afan Lido away kit, otr perhaps a Total Network Solutions Kit (There'll be dancing on the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight!) and this looks like the ideal outlet!

Are you open Sundays?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well how did today go TLO ?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Went in today, didn't buy anything though.
Didn't realise there was an upstairs, so it seemed quite bare/small! Will have to pop in again and have a proper look.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Withdean Wanderer said:
Went in today, didn't buy anything though.
Didn't realise there was an upstairs, so it seemed quite bare/small! Will have to pop in again and have a proper look.

So how many people were in there and TLO needs to sort out signage as not the first time someone has said did not know there was an upstairs.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Beach Hut said:
So how many people were in there and TLO needs to sort out signage as not the first time someone has said did not know there was an upstairs.

well, i was the only one downstairs. But then again, there was only one other person in the Seagull Shop when i went in there!

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Beach Hut said:

You should look for little clues, like a staircase.:wave:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Uncle C said:
You should look for little clues, like a staircase.:wave:

Why ?

I wasn't in there

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
To be fair, i wasn't looking for a staircase...i just saw three rails of shirts and a table of subbuteo and bits and bobs.

Obviously there's more out the back - but i figured that was staff only, as it was quite cut off from the rest of the shop. Clearly, i was wrong! But hey, i'm not the only person on here who's made that mistake!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here