Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sporting Colours

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Ground floor - TOFFS shirts mainly. Assorted books and lovely staff

First floor - NSC / Park football / Made in Sussex range of T-shirts. Assorted books, and, when I get round to it, a set up of a Subbuteo table. Anyone fancy a game?

Chip & pin not arriving till Monday. Long story, and they're total bastards in my eyes. So it's cash or cheques only tomorrow kids. Sorry 'bout that. But cash does make for a finer bargaining point.

Dwayne - I don't owe you an explanation into my affairs apart from to say you're wrong on several levels. You're a total flid, and seeing as I don't sell sleeveless tops, you're screwed anyway. If I did recognise you, I'd only charge you double.

Beachy and WW, I will put up signage to remind people that there is more upstairs. :)

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
The Large One said:
Ground floor - TOFFS shirts mainly. Assorted books and lovely staff

First floor - NSC / Park football / Made in Sussex range of T-shirts. Assorted books, and, when I get round to it, a set up of a Subbuteo table. Anyone fancy a game?

Chip & pin not arriving till Monday. Long story, and they're total bastards in my eyes. So it's cash or cheques only tomorrow kids. Sorry 'bout that. But cash does make for a finer bargaining point.

Dwayne - I don't owe you an explanation into my affairs apart from to say you're wrong on several levels. You're a total flid, and seeing as I don't sell sleeveless tops, you're screwed anyway. If I did recognise you, I'd only charge you double.

Beachy and WW, I will put up signage to remind people that there is more upstairs. :)

:lolol:

That sounds decent actually, more of the stuff i'd be interested in upstairs. Hows trade going so far, what with the card problems?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Of what does your NSC-inspired clothing range consist, just out of interest?

I'm in Brighton on Monday to do a little Xmas shopping, so may pop in for at least a browse (what's the point of going shopping to benefit others if you don't at least have the possibility of getting something for yourself at the same time?).

dwayne said:
You just have to take one look at all the low margin, low selling goods on offer to realise that this wouldn't get far in somewhere like the Dragon's Den:wave:

:jester:

It's great that BBC2 prime-time offers business analyst courses for Dwayne.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So what is going wrong with the chip and pin - are you leasing from Streamline ?

And how did it go on day 2.

BTW Wayne is the short arsed genger once, won't be hard to spot.

Also what about January sales, do you think you may have to do them ?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Withdean Wanderer said:
:lolol:

That sounds decent actually, more of the stuff i'd be interested in upstairs. Hows trade going so far, what with the card problems?
ONE of the raison d'etre of this venture is opening a store that I would like to shop in. So far in the card front, there's no real worries, but that won't last forever. I almost always pay by card, so it's only fair that I ought to offer that service to those who want to do likewise.

Alex, there are five different designs of NSC t-shirts, all with the Albion seagull, the words 'North Stand Chat', and four of your favourite sayings, plus one more with all of them on there.

Ask Woodchip and Prankster, they'll tell you. ;)

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The Large One said:
Alex, there are five different designs of NSC t-shirts, all with the Albion seagull, the words 'North Stand Chat', and four of your favourite sayings, plus one more with all of them on there.

I'm going to guess at:

'Fixtures'
'Kanchelskis'
'GOSBTS Ringtones' (or some variation thereof)

and...umm...'Desert Orchid', perhaps? (sorry, couldn't resist. I know I'm very evil).

Seriously, any chance some could prod me in the right direction of the 4th saying in question (assuming I'm right with my three guesses so far).

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Beach Hut said:
So what is going wrong with the chip and pin - are you leasing from Streamline ?

And how did it go on day 2.

BTW Wayne is the short arsed genger once, won't be hard to spot.

Also what about January sales, do you think you may have to do them ?
I should hope not.

In the wonderful world of sport, things are always moving, and I can adapt accordingly. By January, the fate of the Ashes might well be decided, although shortly after is the Cricket World Cup. There is also the Albion's ongoing season, and later in the year is the rugby World Cup. In between times, who knows what else I can make t-shirts about?

As a kind of mini-announcement, the shop will also be a kind of drop off/pick up point for Seagulls Party-related material (newsletters/badges/t-shirts etc) for the upcoming campaign next May. Naturally, I am a keen supporter of the party and its aims, and it's only right I should do what I can to assist in this. Now if the shop was in Lewes, that might have mae things interesting...

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Belated best wishes TLO. I ran a small business in Trafalgar Street and 2 shops in Baker Street. You will get good and bad days, but its very rewarding.

I found the biggest aggro came not from customers but from staff.

If your opening over 2 floors make sure your security is up to snuff.

Sounds a great little business - you deserve to succeed.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Alex Frutos said:
I'm going to guess at:

'Fixtures'
'Kanchelskis'

and...umm...'Desert Orchid', perhaps? (sorry, couldn't resist. I know I'm very evil).

Seriously, any chance some could prod me in the right direction of the 4th saying in question (assuming I'm right with my three guesses so far).

Definitely something to do with the two users TLO has mentioned I think!!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Alex Frutos said:
I'm going to guess at:

'Fixtures'
'Kanchelskis'

Hard to say. I suppose it would be a scene to marvel at if you came along to find out on Monday. ;)

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
popped in earlier today but car parked outside and you looked well hassled. Mrs TLO was that?

I'll pop in tomorrows and hopefully all will be calm.

The very best of luck with your venture. Any Sussex CCCC memorabilia by the way?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Withdean Wanderer said:
Definitely something to do with the two users TLO has mentioned I think!!

Hmm, nope, still not quite grasping this idea (It's doubtless going to turn out to be actually dead obvious, and I'm just being dense).

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The Large One said:
Hard to say. I suppose it would be a scene to marvel at if you came along to find out on Monday. ;)

Aha, I've got it now.

Yes it was very obvious, and yes I was being dense.

Cheers TLO

:thumbsup:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Buzzer said:
popped in earlier today but car parked outside and you looked well hassled. Mrs TLO was that?

I'll pop in tomorrows and hopefully all will be calm.

The very best of luck with your venture. Any Sussex CCCC memorabilia by the way?
Some of you are going to have to make yourselves known to me. When did you come in? Was that you in the college scarf? :ohmy:

SCCC - prudence dicates that I ought to say nowt for the time being. :angry:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Lunchtime, I was wearing a silly hat. I'll make myself known tomorrow.

Are you going to the game or are you working?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Buzzer said:
Lunchtime, I was wearing a silly hat. I'll make myself known tomorrow.

Are you going to the game or are you working?
Silly hat? Hmm, doesn't really narrow it down. :lolol:

Tragically, I'm working. :(

I suspect the person you saw was Celine. She's 18. My partner is 50. :eek:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here