Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sponsors MOM

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Must say I agreed with the sponsors MOM today Murray had an excellant game and with a little luck could have scored twice.

Just shows you how everyones interpretation of a match is different and why you get different people thinking someone has a good game and others disagree completely

For me Murray didn't do anything special to justify MOM, ( he missed a guilt edged chance to make it 2-0 after all) and i thought maybe he only got it because he may have been a favorite player of the sponsors.

I thought that there were better perfomances out there more worthy of MOM, like Crofts or Virgo who both had good games.

At least it shows one thing, we are playing much better football and have competition for MOM. There have been a few games early this season where we haven't performed at all well and it was hard to pick out anyone who had a good game.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that it is a little unfair to suggest that he 'missed' a great opportunity to make it 2 -0 I think it was more down to brilliant defending which I think was by a forward Chris Martin and showed that they were a very well organised and disciplined side. If you add that to the 2 goals they scored you can then see why they are top of the league.

He was a constant thorn in their side in attack and came back continually to help out the defence, something not seen from him until the most recent games.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
The sponsors today were about 90% Norwich fans who really wanted to give the award to Holt but obviously couldn't.

I don't think they even gave it much thought but went for the big name.

I've never been to a match where so many of the sponsors were so for the other team the only good thing was it made a few of the north stand more up for getting behind the team. It was great when we scored as before that the running commentry of Go on Rusty, come on big man etc etc was really getting on my tits.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Murray kicking the ball at the one place a city player was standing in the goal was as bad as Kuipers or Elphicks roll in cities second.

He made an effort today.

Murray is a talented player but should score alot more goals, reminds me a bit of Maskell in that respect.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would agree that Murray should score more goals but thought the defender did exceptionally well to cover the shot. Perhaps GM should have just blasted it rather than try to place it.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Murray was head & shoulders above any of our players for mom yesterday. For a player who got stick for being lazy, how often was he in our box defending & getting clearing headers? As well as being unlucky not to score.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
A couple of times Murray was our last defender, he certainly put in the effort yesterday. Navarro never tries to retrieve the ball after he has given it away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here