Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sponsors MOM

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Am I the only person who very rarely agrees with their choice of MOM. I think that they must spend most of the time drinking in hospitality and not watching the game.

Didnt agree with their choice on Tuesday but then I rarely do so whats new.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think the sponsors are like a lot of fans on here, they have their favourites and will pick their man of the match accordingly.

Or perhaps a corporate group that doesn't know much get their friend's view who just lists his favourite player.

I think very rarely is it about who performed best on the day.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Holyroyd was easily the best player on the pitch on Tuesday.

And for your next joke!!!!

Without Virgo we would have lost about 4 - 0

Holdroyd was very poor in the first half but improved in the 2nd and even then was 2nd to Murray. Virgo was very good from start to finish and made at least 3 or 4 clearances/tackles that would and should have been goals.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005

Holdroyd was very poor in the first half but improved in the 2nd and even then was 2nd to Murray. Virgo was very good from start to finish and made at least 3 or 4 clearances/tackles that would and should have been goals.

Virgo was good agreed but holroyd instigated and made an awful lot before Murray came on. I imagine u often disagree because you are one sited with ur opinions and perceptions

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

This.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Virgo was good agreed but holroyd instigated and made an awful lot before Murray came on. I imagine u often disagree because you are one sited with ur opinions and perceptions

Holdroyd is a striker which means he should look like he could score a goal and again he was 2nd to Murray on that front.

I really hope that he proves to be a huge success but it is too early to make those predicitions yet and was never MOM. He didnt make the same impression that Peter Ward did at Hereford as he looked the business from the start. I think a straw poll of supporters would have put Virgo above him,

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Virgo had an excellant game but I think Holyroyd was better. The first half I thought he was very good. Not sure what game you were at mate, or perhaps you need to take Poyet's advice and get some glasses

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
Holdroyd is a striker which means he should look like he could score a goal and again he was 2nd to Murray on that front.

I really hope that he proves to be a huge success but it is too early to make those predicitions yet and was never MOM. He didnt make the same impression that Peter Ward did at Hereford as he looked the business from the start. I think a straw poll of supporters would have put Virgo above him,

I think a poll would prove you wrong

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In the first half he was very slow to react to through balls and seemed that the game was passing him by. I think that GP probably told him at half time to do what he could do best and the reason that they bought him, that was to take players on and not just stand and watch the action which he did in the first half.

Many around where I sit in the North Stand were expecting him to be substituted at half time for Murray but credit to him he did a lot better in the 2nd half and showed what he could do, although he never looked like he would score a goal or get into a position to. I think that he looked like he was a little overawed to be playing.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sponsors can vote for who they hell they like. One of the few perks of the gig. As has been said, most are fans. Not all are cognoscenti so they don't always get it right. But who cares. They puts their money down, they makes their choice of MoM. the South Stand tannoy is practically incomprehensible anyways so most of us never get to know if they got it right or they got it wrong. Life goes on somehow :shrug:

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
On Tues on the way out I was struggling to think of MOM and then Holroyd was announced and I thought yeah probably was him.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Sponsors can vote for who they hell they like. One of the few perks of the gig. As has been said, most are fans. Not all are cognoscenti so they don't always get it right. But who cares. They puts their money down, they makes their choice of MoM. the South Stand tannoy is practically incomprehensible anyways so most of us never get to know if they got it right or they got it wrong. Life goes on somehow :shrug:

The only bit of the above I struggle with is "if they got it right or wrong" how does anyone know if there choice is right or wrong? surely everyone will have there own opinion as to who they think was MoM, or were you meaning if the sponsors choice was the same as yours maybe?

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
Virgo was MOM by a mile, Holroyd second IMO like. :thumbsup:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
It was between Holroyd and Virgo for me. I didn't think choosing Holroyd was that outrageous a decision. He looked very lively and created a whole host of chances, always looked to take people on, considering it was his full debut he did very well and has hopefully secured a starting spot for tomorrow.

I too also thought Virgo had an excellent game and would not have had a problem with him receiving the award either.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've said this before but Albion are missing a trick here. They could easily instigate phone voting via text where the fans choose MoM. Low set up costs and a slice of money to the club every game. It's true that they wouldn't get much from 4000 people like Tues night but 12000 or 13000 at Falmer would be some useful dosh.

Don't think it would have an impact on sponsorship either - people don't do it to pick MoM

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here