Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sponsor pulls out of Lewes match - Should we step in?

A brilliant response so far.

Including messages on this thread and PMs sent direct to me, we have £335 pledged from 23 people.

I shall be speaking with Lewes FC on Thursday.

£65 to go.

Colbourne Kid

Sep 19, 2003
As none of us can go, should we think of some way of filling the sponsors seats?

Maybe the six oldest Lewes supporters or something like that?

Having a competition or some publicity over the decision on who should fill the seats would give us extra coverage.

LEWES CLIFF

Mar 7, 2004
You can read what i feel on our site as i can only type with one finger and it bloody hurts!!Just to say what a wonderfull gesture and it reminds just why i am a footie fan.As a small club there is very little we can do to help you finnancially but we will be coming on the march and you assured of a very warm welcome when you vist the pan next month for the friendly.Many of us have followed the Albion for years(i myself started with the Napiers,Templemans etc and went to Gillingham nearly every game)and many Lewes fans watch the albion when they cant get to the away games and we get Brighton fans come to us when they are away!!So we are almost like blood brothers!!
Youre gesture is a massive,massive one and i think you will find that in support and goodwill and help in youre cause it will be £400 well spent!!As chairman or our supporters club we have been discussing(before all this) getting ski hats with half Lewes, half Albion on them,i would be proud to wear one and hope we can get a few done.Once again we are extremely touched by this gesture and will let our council know how we feel i can assure you!:censored:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
LEWES CLIFF said:
As chairman or our supporters club we have been discussing(before all this) getting ski hats with half Lewes, half Albion on them,i would be proud to wear one and hope we can get a few done.
I would love one of those... Keep me informed please :)

Switch of date:-

Now Lewes -v- Redbridge, Saturday 18 December

I've just had a conversation with Steve White, Commercial Director of Lewes FC.

He has already had a discussion with the sponsor who had booked the game against Redbridge on Saturday 18 December. That sponsor is willing to switch their sponsorship to the game on 4 December, leaving us with the sponsorship of the Redbridge game.

That is a day when the Albion aren't playing (our game against Stoke City is being played on the Friday evening). So it is an opportunity for Albion supporters to attend the NSC sponsored game.

Lewes FC are very pleased with the gesture that NSC members are making. There should be opportunities for some good press coverage, showing the Albion, NSC and Lewes FC in a very positive light.

We also talked about the 'badging' for this sponsorship. I suggest that we describe ourselves as 'NORTH STAND CHAT - SUPPORTING FALMER STADIUM'. But this hasn't been finalised yet. Any thoughts or alternative suggestions?

Steve is sending me the sponsors' information pack that will include details of what we get for our money. I'll post the details on NSC when they arrive. We can then decide how to fight for the prawn sandwiches.

More pledges have come in this morning, leaving us with just £45 to find. Top work, people.

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
How about "Fans United - Falmer Stadium For All"? Just a thought.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Ok, £10..... can you PM me the address, I will send a cheque.... also payable to?

Perhaps we can convince them to be a bit more active on our behalf for falmer.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Man of Harveys said:
How about "Fans United - Falmer Stadium For All"? Just a thought.

Yep I like that one as well, slight variation

"Fans United" Support Falmer for All
Proud Sponsors - North Stand Chat

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
Forty people @ a tenner a go?

I'm in Leeds but will be happy to give you a tenner, but how?

:clap:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
bha.fatboy said:
but it is not just £400. We are always being asked for money left right and centre and me, personally, would prefer to donate it to somethng I am passionate about

Dont then! Simple innit!

:shootself

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well done Lord B & Lewes FC for getting the date changed also. What better way to spend the last Saturday before Xmas than watching football, drinking Harveys and dodging the annual shopping mayhem. Good work sirs! :clap: :clap:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
This is great. I live 200 yards from London Road Station. Have a couple of Harvey's at the Open House, get on the train. More Harvey's in Lewes. Go to the game - sing and shout a lot "we're the right side Brighton boys... we're the left side Lewes boys...' etc. More Harvey's after the game. Get on train - bow down when passing the promised land on the way home. Get off train. Go in to pub, more Harvey's. Go home, throw up on the dog. Marvellous scenes.

BTW - as it's a North Stand Chat sponsored game, I think the 'Marvellous Scenes' banner should come with us. Can we clear that with Lewes FC? Also, I think we should combine it with a 'Let's Pay Homage to Harvey's' day in Lewes from, say, 11am. As beers go, it's the bollocks, innit?

Last edited:

I've sent PMs to everyone who has pledged a contribution - with details of how to make a payment.

Yes, maffew - we've reached the target! 33 people have come forward.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

But further contributions are still invited from people who want to be associated with this sponsorship.

We are, of course, left with an issue to resolve. What to do with the surplus.

I suggest that any surplus in the fund goes to a good cause.

We have a choice ...

Lewes FC ?
The Albion's Appeal ?
Falmer For All ?
Split equally between all three ?

In Mrs Merton's famous phrase ... Let's have a heated debate.

:lolol:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Lord Bracknell said:
We are, of course, left with an issue to resolve. What to do with the surplus.

I suggest that any surplus in the fund goes to a good cause.

We have a choice ...

Lewes FC ?
The Albion's Appeal ?
Falmer For All ?
Split equally between all three ?

As it's NSC, the preferred charity on this board appears to be REMF. However, I have no problems with any of my Lord's suggestions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here