Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sponsor pulls out of Lewes match - Should we step in?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Desert Orchid said:
Lewes FC chairman's views are here

What a top bloke. And it's also good to hear some different reasons from his particular angle about the benefits to the surrounding community of the stadium.

If Lewes are calling £35,000 a small sum in the big picture, makes you wonder exactly what they have wasted fighting it, probably best part of £100,000. They could have done a lot with that for local provision.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Ernest said:
A load of bollocks :angry: :angry: :angry:

have to say that I am with ernest on this one. yeah it has been great the support they have given but surely all the extra cash fans have got should go to the Albion after their appeal for money not to a team we do not support and are not close to financial ruin

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
bha.fatboy said:
have to say that I am with ernest on this one. yeah it has been great the support they have given but surely all the extra cash fans have got should go to the Albion after their appeal for money not to a team we do not support and are not close to financial ruin

As Lord B. states above, Lewes are very publicly supporting the Falmer campaign. Seems to me that the least we can do, as a purely voluntary one-off gesture of appreciation, is cover the sponsorship they would otherwise have lost on the day.

Last edited:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Tom Hark said:
As Lord B. states above, Lewes are very publicly supporting the Falmer campaign. Least we can do, as a one-off gesture of appreciation, is cover the sponsorship they would otherwise have lost on the day.

And like I said, yeah it is great that have supported us but our financial needs at the moment outway Lewes tenfold

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
yes but we cannot expect others to help us if we don't help them its only fair.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
caz99 said:
yes but we cannot expect others to help us if we don't help them its only fair.

So what happens if we help them financially and as a consequence go out of business ?

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
who the supporters? well i am not going to go out of business. i put money into the albion as well.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
caz99 said:
who the supporters? well i am not going to go out of business. i put money into the albion as well.

not the supporters but the Albion. They have already said that every penny counts so surely an extra £400 will help the club that we all love

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I tend to agree with fatboy.
At the moment I think financial support should go to the Albion,
by all means offer support by attending etc.

I think there are too many appeals for cash at the moment.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
jonogulls said:
Yeah, 'cos £400 is going to make us go bust.

Jesus.

but it is not just £400. We are always being asked for money left right and centre and me, personally, would prefer to donate it to somethng I am passionate about

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
bha.fatboy said:
but it is not just £400. We are always being asked for money left right and centre and me, personally, would prefer to donate it to somethng I am passionate about

But this one is directly related to Falmer and is about building goodwill and a general support mechanism within the community. IMHO, like.

jonogulls

Aug 2, 2004
bha.fatboy said:

Thanks for your vision fatty. If you don't like it you don't have to donate anything to this cause, donate it to the club if you're that passionate about it. No one's putting a gun to your head.

Don't start preaching to others about what causes they can donate to.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
The Great Cornholio said:
Yet again - another simple point made complicated. If you want to pay - pay. If you don't, don't. But why slag those who do?

:clap:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Lord Bracknell said:

[Albion are, of course, at home to Rotherham on that day, so we might have to forgo the prawn sandwiches. But whoever said that was the most important thing about being a football supporter?]

I thought we werent allowed to play at Withdean in December cos of the park and ride being needed for shpppers?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Re: Re: Sponsor pulls out of Lewes match - Should we step in?

maffew said:
I thought we werent allowed to play at Withdean in December cos of the park and ride being needed for shpppers?

It is early enough in December that the council let it go ahead. I am pretty sure we have played the odd FA CUp Second Round game at home on that weekend, Rushden on the TV a while back.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
not allowed a point of view nowadays if it goes against the majority. you lot must be right C U N T S if all you can do is knock someone for their own views. Where did I ever say that I did not appreciate the effort Lewes have put in to our cause and where did I say that you should niot give your money to them. I said that it was my view and no one else. Can't anyone think for themselves nowadays :salute:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here