Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spitting in the street

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Is it just me who finds the act of spitting in the street disgusting? You can be happily walking along minding your own business when someone hawks back a grolly and gobs it out onto the floor, why?

Years ago

This seems to be an increasing trend with all types of people getting invovled in doing it.

This needs to stop.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Is it just me who finds the act of spitting in the street disgusting? You can be happily walking along minding your own business when someone hawks back a grolly and gobs it out onto the floor, why?

Years ago

This seems to be an increasing trend with all types of people getting invovled in doing it.

This needs to stop.

Don't EVER go to China.

That is all.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
smokers do it the most it seems. And chavs.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
lowlife habit, along with littering.

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
I find it seems to be people who smoke do it, but they tend not to give a monkies about littering either

I smoke and I don't do it...and I do give a monkey's about littering.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Used to be heavily promoted by Premiership footballers on the telly....do they still gob as much?
Vile habit.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
[yt]-5N3q0lGi4w[/yt]

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Vile and disgusting habit yes, plus why do people have to gob into urinals too?

That said, if I'm out for a run, and the phlegm gets it a bit much, then its better out than in. I am out on country lanes though ,so aim for a bush. I guess its the same reason why footballers do it.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
It's often the type of individual that wears a track suit with no intention of exercising. Working in Liverpool there is no shortage of them.

Yoda

English & European
I only do it when I have a load of shit at the back of my throat, built in reaction due to doing sports since I was 10.

I only ever gob into to road and will always try to do it down the drain so no one will walk in it.

The chavs you see just stood or sat somewhere spitting every 10 seconds I find really rank but what I find MORE disgusting than people who DON'T WASH their hands after going to the toilet.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It became highly unpopular as it was a good way on contracting TB, however it's still an unpleasant habit.

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
Have you ever seen a chav who DOESN'T smoke?

Only those who are 'between fags' as they can't afford any of their own and are busy pestering passers-by to give them one.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
It seems to be very previlent in certain cultures. I don't see chavs doing it as much as I see some ethnic groups doing it. It must be a culture thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here