Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spitting in the street

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I think it's disgusting and it's really embarrassing when you are with someone who spits or throws their rubbish on the floor.

Mammoth

Kickin' back
Jan 28, 2011
Manchester Ship Canal
Filthy habbit.

Happens a lot outside my local al-qaeda cafe. Well dressed women on their way to the tube found the guys were using their shoes for gobbing target practice about three years ago. Local plod got involved and the cafes owner refused an invitation to a nice friendly chat with the safer neighbourhood forum.

Yoda

English & European
Am I opening up a can of worms by suggesting it's less of a culture thing and more of a male thing?

You don't see many elite women athletes - or indeed those who simply do sport to keep fit - flobbing out a grolly at every opportunity in the way some men do.

:ohmy: Have you ever watched an Olympics or IAAF World Champs?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Am I opening up a can of worms by suggesting it's less of a culture thing and more of a male thing?

You don't see many elite women athletes - or indeed those who simply do sport to keep fit - flobbing out a grolly at every opportunity in the way some men do.

you can but spend an hour in rye lane peckham and see what it does to that theory.

Disgusting is defined by players clearing out their nose. That's just bad. Bad.

Gobbing though? Nah, Clint would be ashamed of you girls getting knickertwists about a little grolly in the gutter. That's what gutters are for.

[yt]-MfbYnz8ucc[/yt]

Sep 1, 2010
Disgusting is defined by players clearing out their nose.

Funnily enough, i saw some hideous orangutan looking builder fella doing the nose clearing thing just outside a shop last week and i hate that just as much as spitting. It is bloody vile, and although i accept the guy i saw doing that the other day is a shopping shirt wearing Chelsea fan so by default Moron, it cannot be too hard to blow your conk into a tissue can it.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I smoke and I don't do it...and I do give a monkey's about littering.

You're wasting your time here mate - you're a smoker therefore considered guilty of virtually everything
We'll be blamed for the trouble in Egypt and possibly the floods in Queensland soon - it's only a matter of time

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
You're wasting your time here mate - you're a smoker therefore considered guilty of virtually everything
We'll be blamed for the trouble in Egypt and possibly the floods in Queensland soon - it's only a matter of time

Dont forget the hurricane and that's before I get started with blaming you smokers for Simon Cowell & Jedwood!

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
It is the lower classes, let them get on with it. They will never get anywhere in life so they must spit to show their hatred of society and the world.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Used to be heavily promoted by Premiership footballers on the telly....do they still gob as much?
Vile habit.

Disagree, a lot of strenuous energy exterted often leads to a build-up of bile in the mouth. It feels better to spit it out than swallow it. Of course it musn't be aimed at anybody....:rolleyes:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Almost as disgusting as depositing it into a peice on cotton cloth and carrying it around in your pocket all day.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
I spit, not all the time, in the gutter though. I dont & never have smoked.

Hankies, what they all about!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here