Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Speeding!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
On the news today speeding has risen by 30,000 in the last 2 years in Sussex!!

Highest recorded speed of 152mph on the A27! That is disgusting IMO!

Have you been caught speeding during this period? Has this idea of doing an awareness course instead of receiving points made you less concerned about your speed on our roads?

Are you aware that if you get caught and receive points on your licence that you MUST inform your insurance company for any motoring offence that puts points on your licence, if not and you make any claim, they will not pay out and they will void any cover?

Amazingly, with the mileage I cover per year (approx 60,000 that I do have a clean licence)!

Confess,

How many points have you got on your licence?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Have you been caught speeding during this period? Has this idea of doing an awareness course instead of receiving points made you less concerned about your speed on our roads?

Are you aware that if you get caught and receive points on your licence that you MUST inform your insurance company for any motoring offence that puts points on your licence, if not and you make any claim, they will not pay out and they will void any cover?

Amazingly, with the mileage I cover per year (approx 60,000 that I do have a clean licence)!

Confess,

Cover is not automatically voided, why give out false info?

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Cover is not automatically voided, why give out false info?

Got done for speeding once. Doing 38mph in a wide open area (apparently 30mph zone) up a hill.

Wonderful

Brighton1

Jun 10, 2004
Newhaven

Confess,

Why is doing 152 on the A27 "disgusting"? If the road is completely clear i.e. 6am Sunday moring what's the problem? If you are putting yourself in danger and no one else I have no problem with it! I used to have motorbikes, say no more! BTW - I have 0 points.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Why is doing 152 on the A27 "disgusting"? If the road is completely clear i.e. 6am Sunday moring what's the problem? If you are putting yourself in danger and no one else I have no problem with it! I used to have motorbikes, say no more! BTW - I have 0 points.

I sort of understand your point as a motorcyclist, but I'm not sure that the emergency services or your loved ones would agree with you!

I'm not whiter than white having reaches speeds of 170 mph on my bike in France and having been convicted twice in the past of minor speeding offences.... I am a bit older and wiser now and have a young family to consider!

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
I sort of understand your point as a motorcyclist, but I'm not sure that the emergency services or your loved ones would agree with you!

I'm not whiter than white having reaches speeds of 170 mph on my bike in France and having been convicted twice in the past of minor speeding offences.... I am a bit older and wiser now and have a young family to consider!

Changed your tune.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The problem is, you're doing a mile in 20 seconds. There aren't many places on the a27 where you can even see that far ahead. Unless you're clairvoyant, how do you know that the road ahead is clear?

Jun 24, 2010
Goring
I have been driving for 21 years, and my low point was getting 9 points - about 5 years ago. I drive 30k miles a year, and getting 9 was a bit of a wake up call. I found it hard and expensive to get insurance. Since then I've been good and now have 0 points. Much happier.

Anyway got to dash, texting to nsc while doing a tonne on the m1 is distracting me from my portable DVD player.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Driving nearly 20 years and only ever had 3 points. Got caught on the Welsh side of the M4 doing 83mph on a completely empty motorway in dry conditions and good visibility.

The Welsh police are complete bastards when it comes to speeding because they have targets. FFS I was driving a Renault Scenic - shouldn't that have been punishment enough !!!!!!

D

Deleted member 18477

152 shouldnt be done anywhere but a runway or a racetrack.

i'd say 90mph is a safe-ish speed at that time in the morning. if you need to go any quicker then you're clearly just late or clearly just a f***ing dickhead!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Some peoples perception of speed limits is amazing. I regularly drive the A27 back and forth between Worthing and Brighton and I'm always amazed by the section just East of the Leisure Centre roundabout in Lancing. It is a dual carriageway with a 40 limit but the moment cars get on to that section heading East they floor it. I'm sometimes doing 45 in the outside lane because of weight of traffic and often see knobs flashing lights or tailgating myself and other cars yet the 60 limit starts half a mile away.

Nothing ever happens to them, if plod set a mobile camera up on that old lay-by opposite the car showroom they would clean up. Surprisingly enough, I see a higher percentage of female drivers speeding than men ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here