Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Speeding tix from fixed camera

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Ive just invested in a road angel navigator........its f***ing marvellous !!!!!! and like others have said, the majority of speed cameras are nothing more than a MONEY GENERATING THING !!!

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Man of Harveys said:
Come off it - there's no real excuse for speeding - it's hardly as if you need to stay fixated to the speedo. I DO stick to the limit, other than on the motorway where I do about 75-80, which even the police happily acknowledge they're not interested in clamping down - I think the limit should be 80mph on the motorway, 70mph on dual carriageways, it's absurd that they're the same. But if I did get caught doing that, it's no-one's fault but mine.

(I keep throwing in song lyrics to my drivel today, er...what's going on?)

This could be a great game today. MoH will post lyrics in ALL his DRIVEL we have to spot them!

;)

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
withdeanwombat said:
Saw a dog hit at speed a long time ago.It went under the car and looped up in the air a bit like a salmon.Tongue lolling out.Dead before it hit the floor.Still,it was only a springer spaniel,and not somebody's kid,sister,mother,brother or whatever.

I saw my brother hit about 6 years ago and he was lucky the driver was only doing 30 in a mini, with 2 nurses and a docter inside. Its a road where you usually get boy racers aswell. Thats why I never speed on residential roads now on a motorway I am the same as MOH and get up to 75-80.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
hitony said:
Ive just invested in a road angel navigator........its f***ing marvellous !!!!!! and like others have said, the majority of speed cameras are nothing more than a MONEY GENERATING THING !!!
You're "Lyin' - I's" heard somewhere that there have to have been a number of accidents in order for them to install speed cameras. After that nasty smash on the A23 a couple of years back, they actually said they couldn't install speed cameras there because those criteria hadn't been met.

Incidentally, drive with one of those camera detectors abroad and they'll confiscate your car, they're strictly illegal. It was against the law, what the mama saw.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
hitony said:

Of course, if drivers didn't break the law by speeding, these cameras wouldn't generate any money. Plus, we wouldn't get some sap starting a thread on here every couple of weeks bleating on about how unfair it is that they've broken the law and got caught doing it.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Man of Harveys said:
You're "Lyin' - I's" heard somewhere that there have to have been a number of accidents in order for them to install speed cameras. After that nasty smash on the A23 a couple of years back, they actually said they couldn't install speed cameras there because those criteria hadn't been met.

Incidentally, drive with one of those camera detectors abroad and they'll confiscate your car, they're strictly illegal. It was against the law, what the mama saw.

I didn't think they were illigal these days? Since it was agreed they shouldn't be hidden why not allow their detection?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Lammy said:
I didn't think they were illigal these days? Since it was agreed they shouldn't be hidden why not allow their detection?
They are on the continent, I believe. So it could always end up being a "deadlock holiday". (sorry...:down: )

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
Man of Harveys said:

They are not illegal, (and if they are illegal on the continent, so be it, i dont live on the continent) and as for all the "holyier than tho, If people didnt speed merchants" !! they make me sick, todays cars have modern technology for yesterdays speed limits.

And please MoH, whilst i appreciate you are trying to do song titles in your replys, i am not a liar, and please research your facts before calling me a liar.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
hitony said:
they make me sick, todays cars have modern technology for yesterdays speed limits.
No disrespect intended but this is the dumbest non-argument of the lot, I'm afraid. Because human evolution at being able to cope with the problem of having tons of metal driven into your body at speed hasn't kept pace with developments in engine technology either.

Last edited:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
Man of Harveys said:
No disrespect intended but this is the dumbest non-argument of the lot, I'm afraid. Because human evolution at being able to cope with the problem of having tons of metal driven into your body at speed hasn't kept pace with developments in engine technology either.

Point Taken, but speed cameras in my opinion do not reduce accidents, and a majority of the places you see these cameras, it is as clear as daylight that they are only there to make money, i have absolutly no objections to any device being put in place where it can help PREVENT accidents or the like, but on a bridge above a motorway, where pedestrians are not even allowed to walk is ridiculous, and there are many other places as well.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
withdeanwombat said:
Saw a dog hit at speed a long time ago.It went under the car and looped up in the air a bit like a salmon.Tongue lolling out.Dead before it hit the floor.Still,it was only a springer spaniel,and not somebody's kid,sister,mother,brother or whatever.

Speed limits are set for a purpose,not merely to annoy petrolheads.

If you have failed to notice the speed limit sign,you are driving without due care and attention.

So a tip or two.
1) Watch the road and the signs,and follow the instructions.
2)If you are in a 30 mph limit drop into third gear.Your engine will let you know if you are going too fast.

BULLSHIT

Finally,let's have more speed cameras and more enforcement,and if you are caught remember it is YOU who are breaking the law,and deserve all you get.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
withdeanwombat said:

Speed limits are set for a purpose,not merely to annoy petrolheads.

If you have failed to notice the speed limit sign,you are driving without due care and attention.

So a tip or two.
1) Watch the road and the signs,and follow the instructions.
2)If you are in a 30 mph limit drop into third gear.Your engine will let you know if you are going too fast.

Finally,let's have more speed cameras and more enforcement,and if you are caught remember it is YOU who are breaking the law,and deserve all you get.

BULLSHIT

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
brunswick said:

Got two tix; 36 in a 30 and 35 in a 30.....they can feck right off.

But regardless of the speed camera or not, 30mph is the limit in a built up area - no?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
There is a need for speed cameras. For instance in Ditchling Road there is one opposite Varndean school outside the childrens playground on the other side of the road.

Ive seen people drive like nutters down that road so a speed camera there is a good idea as its right by a kiddies play park/school.

But as for ones like outside Bhasvic and Preston Park. They can f*** right off.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
london is the worst.
nearly every sort of camera going, from gatsos to bus lane cameras to red light cameras.
must admit i've not spotted a truvelo yet though.

what does annony me is the fact that most of them are set up to generate money as probably 85% of them are around the country.

driving around london is dangerous enough without being more concerned about cameras than paying proper attention to the roads. thats when the accidents happen.

lastly, i'm all in favour of speed cameras, but for f**ks sake, have them positioned near schools, pedestrianised areas and road blind-spots.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
There is a need for speed cameras. For instance in Ditchling Road there is one opposite Varndean school outside the childrens playground on the other side of the road.

Ive seen people drive like nutters down that road so a speed camera there is a good idea as its right by a kiddies play park/school.

But as for ones like outside Bhasvic and Preston Park. They can f*** right off.

i dont think cameras in general actually will make a road safer.

If someone is going to speed, these just capture the event not slow someone down..

the signs on Brighton seafront (kemptown A259) are good, imho- a smiley sign if everyone is under 30, but flashes the limit as a warning..

if youare speeding 100m or so down the road, you get a odak moment!

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
Get a speed camera detector, they're the biz.

i've got the speed camera data base set up on my pda running tomtom but it'll only warn me of the ones that are fixed.

what about the mobile cameras where the police set them up in different positions every day?

does yours detect them and if so, what make and model and price

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here