Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Speeding Ticket - Worth Contesting?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
grow a pair and contest it....ive got away with loads.

people in the uk are so lame...big lads drinking ...hard......"oh i got a speeding ticket.....im so scared"

lame.

it doesnt depend on law it depends on principles and balls.

ha ha I could use some of this to help my roses in the garden...

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Some speed limits are crap anyway.

Take the seafront past King Alfred, its dual carriageway and its a 30 limit!! Dual carriageways should be 40 minimum, or just close it down to one lane ( not that half the drivers along the seafront manage to be able to drive single file where it is one lane). Its almost encouraging you to break the limit.

It's surely there to keep traffic flowing while allowing cars to turn right and left without blocking the road. Can't see how you can have a 40 limit on a road that needs to be crossed by anyone that wants to get to the seafront. Fine the way it is. Here's a tip in 30, drive in 3rd gear. Seriously, will actually use less fuel on average, and it is so much easier to stay closer to the speed limit. Cars naturally want to go a bit faster in 4th.

With regard to motorways, you are right, a lot of people do 80 or so in what is a 70. So what do you think they'll do if the limit is 80? That's right, they'll do 90 or more.

Have a look at the statistical facts:
Picture 31.png

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So basically you are agreeing that for first offenders the choice between a course and points will mean that the course is more likely to have an effect on their driving given you are stating above that it would probably be the 2nd fine / points that actually changes their driving rather than the first. That is all that has been said.

No, what I am saying is that there shouldn't be any difference. If you are intelligent you know that the first fine/pts is a step towards a ban. As the 3pts shouldn't have an effect on your insurance then the only difference is the fact you have pts on your licence but a cheaper overall cost.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Some speed limits are crap anyway.

Take the seafront past King Alfred, its dual carriageway and its a 30 limit!! Dual carriageways should be 40 minimum, or just close it down to one lane ( not that half the drivers along the seafront manage to be able to drive single file where it is one lane). Its almost encouraging you to break the limit.

But on the same line, housing estates should have a 20 limit, and not 30. I have never gone above 20 on houing estates. I work on the principal if I hit a child that runs into the road between parked cars at 20mph, a> they will probably live, and b> I may have a chance of living with myself if they dont. where as if I was speeding and killed someone how could you.
QUOTE]
I agree with you entirely about housing estate speed limits. Can't agree with you about the Kingsway. When you have lots of parking and housing on one side of the road and the beach/lagoon/etc on the other side then a 40mph limit is asking for trouble. If there is a road that can justify a speed camera it's that one.

The main problem I have with people who speed in towns is that they treat the roads as if they are just open highways and forget that people actually live there and might need to cross that road at some time. We used to live in a 'rat run' road near West Worthing station and although it was normally quiet you would still get some tosser coming along at 40mph so he could beat the traffic at the lights. This being a narrow road with cars parked both sides. Not a good place to let the kids play out front.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No, what I am saying is that there shouldn't be any difference. If you are intelligent you know that the first fine/pts is a step towards a ban. As the 3pts shouldn't have an effect on your insurance then the only difference is the fact you have pts on your licence but a cheaper overall cost.

So you're saying that the points will have an equal impact on someone's driving as would attending a course.

So given the choice would an intelligent person rather take one step closer to a ban, or take a course do you think? Who wants to be one step closer to a driving ban, and have points on your license that can effect all sorts of things other than your insurance such as car hire, driving aboard, job applications etc. etc. over attending a course for a couple of hours??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here