Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Speed camara 'humam rights' challenge.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Starry said:
Yes really. You don't speed, you can't get fined.

And if you are driving too fast to notice speed signs, on the arse of a lorry you deserve all you get and more.

eh?

i meant its a 50 limit on that stretch, and you're at or under that speed then great but no!
if you're on the outside lane or middle lane with a lorry on the inside lane, you don't see the sign.
simple.
not tailgaiting.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Speed Kills!!!

It's as simple as that. Drive fast pay a penalty. Just think how many more people would be killed if Gatso's and mobile cameras didn't exist.

Do the crime (which it is as you are breaking the law), pay the time.

Do people get off attmepted murder under human rights? You are licenced to use a lethal weapon. Use it responsibly.

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
Woodchip said:
Speed Kills!!!

It's as simple as that. Drive fast pay a penalty. Just think how many more people would be killed if Gatso's and mobile cameras didn't exist.

According to our very own government's statistics that is untrue. Not paying attention kills. It is the lead story in todays Daily Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/

I still think the speed-limit in towns and villages should be 20 - 25mph though.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
get rid of all cameras.

replace with extended sleeping-policeman.

problem sorted

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Fragmented Badger said:
What annoys me are the speed limits, not the cameras. It's such a cop out to brand 90% of roads as being 30mph limits. Some roads, I'm thinking parts of the seafront or Dyke Road, should be 40. If you go 30 then you will cause a huge queue behind. However, sometimes, I find roads which I think are actually quite dangerous, and in places should really be less. The fact most country roads are 60mph is an example - some of them are so winding that if you do 60 you will almost certainly crash at some point. Anyway, that's my idea, change the sodding limits to represent the road.

To think that they were seriously considering changing Dyke Road to a 20mph limit is ludicrous!!

It would be nice to have 40mph on the seafront as I use that to get to work nowadays and it is a bugger trundling along at 30. Although you can understand with so many potential hidden obstacles during the summer months and children - left, right and centre. Variable speed limits along that stretch would cause confusion.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
There is simply no way that Dyke Road in Brighton - with huge numbers of driveways going on to it, schools dotted around left right and center and pedestrians at just about every stretch - should be anything other than 30mph.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
We have a 'ACCIDENT' blackspot here just North of Leek,on the A53 heading Buxton, A simple straight mile no turn offs,but PLASTERED with signposts of all sorts. Warning signs a plenty,i drive HGV's Leek/Buxton is covered by hills,Dont blame me if you get stuck behind a HGV doing 10mph uphill. REASON, i cant get a run at it,i follow some flatcapper doing 29mph in a 30mph zone,that has no reason to have been set.:angry: :albion:

Woodchip said:
Speed Kills!!!

No - INAPPROPRIATE speed kills. Speed in itself in not a problem - some drivers just don't know how to handle it.

I'm not really opposed to speed cameras in built-up areas (especially schools) but what I really object to is the SPECS cameras on the motorways. Yes those marvellous little devices which note your average speed over a period of several miles. Keep rigidly to the 70mph motoroway speed limit (in good conditions)?? f***ing joke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here