Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spectators at Brighton marathon

Monty

Feb 21, 2008
No problem.....we tried to encourage everyone we saw moving three places...boundary road, the pub by hove lagoon and on the seafront opposite the lagoon. Hope you were one of those we called out to.

We were so impressed by everyone...including the bloke carrying the rhino!!!!!!

Great to see so many running for the martlets too...well done trudy Roberts. Family are all albion fans and she was struggling last week to get fit.

My first Marathon, I was running for the martlets with 'Daley' on my shirt. The support was amazing, I genuinly don't think I would of done it without the crowd. Thanks if you did see me and shout my name!

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I was a steward at the bottom of grand avenue, by the sharp right turn taking you along the seafront road. My hands are raw from clapping and I had the most fantastic day. Shouted out so many names and got many high fives and thank you from runners. Loved it and will steward again next year. The amazing runners, the crowds, music, free donuts from the Argus stand and general amazing support from the people watching made me so proud of the city. There were still runners coming through at 18 miles when we packed up at 3pm, respect for them carrying on.

I am so tempted to sign up again but I remember the pain of getting round last year so will probably stick to stewarding again!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's amazing how much difference the support makes. I ran it last year and it brought a huge smile to my face seeing all the kids hanging out for a high five when you went past, or everyone else shouting your name even if it's only because you printed it on your shirt :)

I remember feeling a really sharp pain in my foot at about 24 miles and having no choice but to stop and remove my shoe because I thought the skin had ripped off a blister. An old couple nearby were calling out "come on, you can do it" to me as I think they thought I was giving up (no chance, I was just pulling my sock over the hurty bit) but it was still lovely to feel like they were rooting for me.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I was most impressed with the support last year it really helped push me along and get through those hard miles at the end.
What did annoy me was the fact they didn't turn up to any of my training runs, typical plastic supporters, only go to the big events.

D

Deleted User X18H

My first marathon yesterday and I'll never forget the experience. Superb support all around the city - really life affirming stuff. Makes you proud to come from here. The last 5 miles were hell and I don't think I'd have made it without the cheering and support from people I've never met. Great to see so many Albion shirts out there as well and even had some good banter with the cheeky Hammers fan with 6-0 on his back and the lad in the Palace shirt. Hi fived Gus at the start and yelled 'Ees complicated!'.

He mentioned that this morning

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Watching and clapping the runners yesterday really made me want to run it next year. Really lack the motivation and effort to train though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here