Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spectators at Brighton marathon

Great to watch you all - we were near Hove Museum in New Church Road. Gave everyone in Seagulls shirts a bit shout - well done to you all x

A special well done to Steve Foster - we are very proud of you babe xxxx and good luck for the London next week - you crazy fool xxx

Thanx for your support & company this afternoon. Had a gr8 time celebrating the 50th. Now for the next 50 x

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
No mate I had a 83 Cup Final. My wife crafted an REMF logo on it. I nodded to a couple of lads in Albion Shirts.

And I presented you with your medal after the finishing line, well done to all who took part in the marathon today especially the REMF 'squad'.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
The spectators were brilliant. I had so many shouts of Seagulls to spur me on. Young and old . Young lads shouting Seagulls was superb.

Excellent performance today, well done HB&B.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
I stood down by Hove lawns and gave all the runners wearing BHA colours a shout of 'Seagulls!', which got a nod or thumbs up, except from a dude in a pink Albion shirt, who just ran by. This was explained I suppose by the text on the back, which was CPFC REMF :lol: Fair play to him obviously though for the effort for such a good cause :thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Special mention to those that stayed until 3pm + !!
I stayed until 3.30 :( Did you see the Whoopsadaisy gathering on the right, 200 yards before the finish, or did they all miss you?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Big up to all of you. Hey! And me too. I was there cheering on my wife on her first marathon...and then anybody else that passed by too. I feel proud as punch with the city today. My wife has always liked the city but it's never really been part of her soul. It is now. She was moved to tears by the support all around the course, even out by the power station.

Still can't see me getting her to a match though.

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
I can only echo what others have already said. The support was incredible. I was struggling with an injury from mile 17 on and there were times when I was walking, but the shout of 'come on John' got me going again. Thank you to everyone that helped get me over the finnish line :)

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
My first marathon yesterday and I wouldn't have done it anywhere else! Amazing support and fantastic organisation. My family and girlfriend were down supporting and thoroughly enjoyed it as well. Everyone involved and who turned up to support did the city proud!

cpfc remf captain

Jul 6, 2003
I stood down by Hove lawns and gave all the runners wearing BHA colours a shout of 'Seagulls!', which got a nod or thumbs up, except from a dude in a pink Albion shirt, who just ran by. This was explained I suppose by the text on the back, which was CPFC REMF :lol: Fair play to him obviously though for the effort for such a good cause :thumbsup:

For the first few miles i did respond with a few shouts of Eagles but soon takes its toll on you. Was great having lots of people shouting at me though and really helped keeping me going. Was also good for the few that realised i was palace. Bloke in a pompey shirt came up to me and said 6-0, i responded that i loved the score just like i will love relegating you on tuesday night. Think i confused him a little bit.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I stayed until 3.30 :( Did you see the Whoopsadaisy gathering on the right, 200 yards before the finish, or did they all miss you?

That is pretty much the time I ran in, give or take a minute. Got a humongous cheer from the Whoopsadaisy posse which certainly helped me finish! Took bloody ages to get all my stuff together and wander back. Lovely fish and chips and good to meet some of the gang!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That is pretty much the time I ran in, give or take a minute. Got a humongous cheer from the Whoopsadaisy posse which certainly helped me finish!
You were lucky they saw you, most of us had gone.

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
My first marathon yesterday and I'll never forget the experience. Superb support all around the city - really life affirming stuff. Makes you proud to come from here. The last 5 miles were hell and I don't think I'd have made it without the cheering and support from people I've never met. Great to see so many Albion shirts out there as well and even had some good banter with the cheeky Hammers fan with 6-0 on his back and the lad in the Palace shirt. Hi fived Gus at the start and yelled 'Ees complicated!'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here