• Yes

Votes: 114 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 123 51.9%

• Total voters

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
When Shola made the tackle the ref was looking in completely the other direction watching the play so can only assume either the 4th official or lino made him aware about what happened and possibly said it was a booking ..... but spanish Dave did milk the rolls along with the quick peep to see what scores the judges were awarding

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Re: Spanish Dave---Cheat?

The 'Romford' Pele (Ray Parlour) is about the sixth 'Talksport ' presenter today to have a go at 'Dave' for his 9.5 rolling about in THAT tackle. Personally I thought he could have waited for an oxygen tent to be brought out before rejoining the fray!:D WOT are your views???

That's football, win some lose some. If a Toon had done it then fing cheat northern dirty Geordie bastard. As Spanish Dave did it then Genius, man if the match , keep the ball and a bottle of bubbly.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
It's the sort of gamesmanship Suarez does week in week out and one of the reasons I hate him he's a cheat.

Not really. Did you see his first goal at QPR last week? He dribbled the ball in the area and evaded a couple of challenges before stroking the ball into the corner of the net. Beautiful finish. He could have gone down for the penalty so easily but didn't.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
I'm with bozza on this it was unacceptable I hate seeing any player in the stripes doing this kind of thing.

The FA and the Football League need to get tough, ban a couple of players later on video evidence and this fairy stuff will stop.

Everyone does it is not an excuse it is an admission of guilt.

Cheating should be stopped full stop no allowance for it.

If the Ref did send him off because of the theatrics then the ref is a fool and should be not let loose on a professional game of football, so hopefully it did not, he did enough to get his marching orders.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Lopez did more rolls on Saturday than Forfars

Did you know Mr 'T' they didn't have any 'Breakfast Pies' warmed up at 11am in 'Dicks' on Saturday. I ended up having seven pints with nothing to 'soak' it up cos I couldn't be arsed to ask if they were done yet :mad:

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
I'm with bozza on this it was unacceptable I hate seeing any player in the stripes doing this kind of thing.

The FA and the Football League need to get tough, ban a couple of players later on video evidence and this fairy stuff will stop.

Everyone does it is not an excuse it is an admission of guilt.

Cheating should be stopped full stop no allowance for it.

If the Ref did send him off because of the theatrics then the ref is a fool and should be not let loose on a professional game of football, so hopefully it did not, he did enough to get his marching orders.
Er... how, exactly? Neither bookings were nailed on yellows... hand on heart, if Hammond or Dicker or whoever was sent off for those two incidents, youd be happy with that?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Re: Spanish Dave---Cheat?

Was really gutted once I'd seen the replays of it. Was pathetic and just so unnecessary. We were in control of the game and didn't need to resort to that to try and persuade the ref to send Shola off. Absolutely zero reason to defend him over it.

Such a shame as he had a brilliant game otherwise. The abuse he got on Twitter etc for it will hopefully make him think twice about doing it again.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
'Probably a foul'!!!!!!! Are you blind?

Then watch it again. It is quite clearly a foul as Ameobi's right knee catches Lopez just above his right knee. It was a foul and late and definitely a booking. The 'gamesmanship' by Lopez afterwards was not necessary, ie rolling after looking up but before that I saw nothing wrong. He got hit above the knee by someone who was bigger and taller. I doubt it was an actual dead leg otherwise he woudl have come off but he was limping for some time after that and didn't get involved for a few minutes.

Watch it again and see where Ameobi's knee catches him. Then go away and get someone taller than you to knee you in the same place and see how it feels!!!!

Agree with this.
my point was about the acting after the contact, it was not required

rjbseagull

Apr 27, 2010
Although the rolling was clearly over the top two points:

1) You would hope that no referees would alter there decision because of it, therefore I really don't see the fuss.

2) It did appear that he was actually injured. I say that because he went off treatment and then hobbled about for the next minute or so. (Could have been from the rolling about admittedly!)

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Ameobi would have got sent off anyway. It's like backing a horse and it winning or losing by a nose. Sweeter when it goes for you but infuriating when it goes against you.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
His first yellow for the clip on Dicker was soft, but the foul on Spanish Dave was definitely a foul which he made the most of.

It really wasn't - from the back the foul on Dicker was petulant and nasty. It was the lino looking from behind who called it and he was right to tell Probert it was a yellow.
Ameobi was spoken to on three occasions by my count and both he and elAbd were lucky not to get a booking for their shenanigans. Adam will need to watch out if Saturday's ref was viewing. His foul on David Lopez merited yellow in its own right but if he hadn't already been spoken to several times he might have got away with it. All that aside the theatrics were embarrassing and deserved a caution IMO.

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
His first yellow for the clip on Dicker was soft, but the foul on Spanish Dave was definitely a foul which he made the most of.

It really wasnt - from the back the foul on Dicker was perulant and nasty. It was the lino looking from behind who called it and he was right to tell Probert it was a yellow.
Ameobi was spoken to on three occasions by my count and both he and elAbd were lucky not to get a booking for their shensnigans. Adam will need to watch out if Saturday's ref was viewing. His foul on David Lopez merited yellow in its own right but if he hadnt aleready been spoken to several times he might have got away with iAll that aside the theatrics were embarrasing and deserved a caution

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
It wasn't a dive so no he's not a cheat. He's an embarrassment for faking an injury though, as are all players who do.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
No, it's not too far at all.

If it was an opposition player doing that, someone such as Zaha for example, Albion fans would be in absolute uproar and rightly so. There was no need to roll over and over and over again, and the glance in the direction of the ref just reaffirmed the cynical nature of what he was up to.

Was it a foul? Probably, yes.

Was it a yellow card offence? I'm not so sure. However, I'd hope the ref didn't give the card on the basis of roly poly Dave, so maybe it was.

I'd LOVE it for Albion fans to lead the way in calling our own players out for theatrics as maybe that's what it's going to take to finally get cheating out of the game.

Exactly this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here