• Yes

Votes: 114 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 123 51.9%

• Total voters

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Did you know Mr 'T' they didn't have any 'Breakfast Pies' warmed up at 11am in 'Dicks' on Saturday. I ended up having seven pints with nothing to 'soak' it up cos I couldn't be arsed to ask if they were done yet :mad:

7 pints ?
I'm surprised you weren't rolling around in dicks bar like Lopez

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
This.

He cheated, no question about it. I fail to see how anyone can defend him.

No, it's not too far at all.

If it was an opposition player doing that, someone such as Zaha for example, Albion fans would be in absolute uproar and rightly so. There was no need to roll over and over and over again, and the glance in the direction of the ref just reaffirmed the cynical nature of what he was up to.

Was it a foul? Probably, yes.

Was it a yellow card offence? I'm not so sure. However, I'd hope the ref didn't give the card on the basis of roly poly Dave, so maybe it was.

I'd LOVE it for Albion fans to lead the way in calling our own players out for theatrics as maybe that's what it's going to take to finally get cheating out of the game.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Re: Spanish Dave---Cheat?

Most of the forest team spent the whole game pretending to be injured, when you have to put up with that, one incident, which in real time looked a yellow card from where I was, my view is meh. If you watch motd you see the same thing most games.

mugstud

Jan 28, 2012

I don't like it, but I like it even less when I hear opposition managers criticising players when they will happily defend their own players for doing the exact same thing.
Still it was all worth it to see El-Abd take the piss out of Ameobi.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Most of the forest team spent the whole game pretending to be injured, when you have to put up with that, one incident, which in real time looked a yellow card from where I was, my view is meh. If you watch motd you see the same thing most games.

exactly..........it's the kind of guile missing from our team........basically when you get clattered you make the most of it , as has been done time and time again against us............perhaps, if adam el abd had made a bit more out of varney's attrocious tackle ,the horrible fucker wouldn't have been on the pitch to MILK a penalty to loose us another 2 points............i know it aint ideal but it happens and to call him a cheat is way off the mark...!!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Disgraceful behaviour from Lopez. A foul maybe but that was just plain embarrassing. I've spoken to a dozen non Albion supporting football fans today and the first thing they have brought up about the game is that incident.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Someone posted a pic yesterday (@Acker79 ?) where Amoebi's knee catches Lopez just above his knee. It was stated after the game that Lopez got a dead leg from it and was certainly still limping for a few minutes after he came back on the pitch.

Lopez looked like he was still limping as he disappeared down the tunnel after the final whistle.

Sadly the exaggeration of players in these sorts of incidents are part of the modern game (which i don't like) but i think it's not right to penalize ourselves by not doing what virtually every other team does from time to time by doing this. Why should we still play against 11 men through good sportsmanship when the opposition won't do the same and we could be reduced to 10 because other teams carry on this tactic.

Southampton and others were rewarded last season with promotion for their constant diving and going to ground far too softly and if we were to miss out because we were too honest to a team that did the same as Southampton did it would seem very unfair.

The question is, do we do this sort of thing enough compared to other teams - i think we don't.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
It was a foul and he was knocked to the ground. It also looked like it hurt.

But all that rolling around is embarrassing for the player , team, and fans. If anyone on my recreational team was to do that they wouldn't be able to show their face in the pub afterwards. His own teammates would put him straight.

In terms of influencing the ref - I would have thought that the theatrics would make the ref less likely to penalize the fouler since it looks like the whole thing is contrived.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I've been more embarrassed by El-Abd falling to the ground clutching his face (Hillsborough) than Lopez.

He is terrible for that. Notice also how El-Abd is always first on the scene when an opposing player gets sent off. Even if it's a friendly pat :D

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA

If it was an opposition player doing that, someone such as Zaha for example, Albion fans would be in absolute uproar and rightly so. There was no need to roll over and over and over again, and the glance in the direction of the ref just reaffirmed the cynical nature of what he was up to.

Was it a yellow card offence? I'm not so sure. However, I'd hope the ref didn't give the card on the basis of roly poly Dave, so maybe it was.

I'd LOVE it for Albion fans to lead the way in calling our own players out for theatrics as maybe that's what it's going to take to finally get cheating out of the game.

This, absolutely 100%. It was embarrassing and tainted an otherwise superb performance.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Embarrassing. If it were Ameobi getting Lopez sent off imagine the uproar? The whole incident makes me cringe even now

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
In my opinion, he cheated in this instance and I find it embarrassing. Hopefully someone will have a word with him & he'll sort himself out - I won't label him as a cheat just yet, but he is on that path.
Anyone who condones or accepts what he did has no right to complain about opposition players cheating or (to a certain extent) bad refereeing decisions - they have a hard enough job without players play acting.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea

Extremely well said.

Its definitely cheating, and to be honest rather shameful and embarrassing.

"Just cause everybody else does why shouldn't he" is not a remotely valid arguement either

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
I saw the snipper in the south stand on the grasses knoll

cutting-grass-with-scissors-2.jpg

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
In my opinion, he cheated in this instance and I find it embarrassing. Hopefully someone will have a word with him & he'll sort himself out - I won't label him as a cheat just yet, but he is on that path.
Anyone who condones or accepts what he did has no right to complain about opposition players cheating or (to a certain extent) bad refereeing decisions - they have a hard enough job without players play acting.

Agree with all of this bar one part. I will label him as a cheat. He should have been booked for simulation. Its ridiculous people coming on here saying BHA don't offend as much as other teams. FFS take off your blue and white tinted spectacles. Buckley, Barnes and CMS all go down at the slightest touch and are constantly looking for it. At the back, El Abd is up to every trick in the book , mostly cynical, to deny the opposition.
" Other teams do it, so we have to as well "....dear oh dear oh dear....some people in society are committing crime and benefitting from it....thats not fair then, we should all break the law.
Every season in professional football, cheating is taken a stage further and is now obvious at all levels down to the most junior. If there is one single person out there who can honestly say that it doesn't bother them, then let them reply to this post and justify it.
What Lopez did sums up everything wrong in football. Professionals having no respect for each other and using whatever means to get an opponent sent off. I am sick at watching highly paid players taking the easy ( the soft ) option all the time by using gamesmanship. Able to stay on their feet when they want to and then going down at the slightest touch to gain an advantage.
When the spirit of the game dies...when fellow pro's have no respect for each other..when fans start condoning this and turning a blind eye to cheating by their own players is when we all have a problem.
We are letting the cheats prosper. Its no good defending it by saying that you can't stop it. That everyone is doing it. That is taking the soft option, like the footballers.
It has to be stopped, otherwise, eventually it will strangle the game. It used to be called the beatiful game . It ceased being that some time ago.

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
he did go down and roll around a bit too much, but he isnt a cheat as it actually was a foul in the first place and he would have probably been booked anyway

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
You will never get "cheating"out of the game unless the players are punished after the game will bans backed up by video evidence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here