Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spain v Scotland *** Official Match Thread ***

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
No, was expecting a few of the lesser knowns to be in there to get some experience etc, but no, first teamers all the way.
They did put out a bit of a weakened team against the Czech's but 'weakening' their team means bringing in the likes of David Silva, the best player in England. :wozza:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
How do you defeat the passing game?

Pressing high up the pitch and they will outpass you. I would play two banks of four in the 4-4-2 and dare them to break down the Scottish defence. Or they could put five in midfield and leave CMS chasing all over the place upfront on his own?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
skysports are showing wales and republic of ireland but those with posh tellyboxes can view spain v scotland on channel 971 bbc scotland

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Craig Mackail-Smith has shrugged off a back problem to lead the line for Scotland in tonight's Euro 2012 qualifier against Spain.

Scotland team: McGregor, Hutton, Berra, Gary Caldwell, Bardsley, Morrison, Adam, Fletcher, Bannan, Naismith, Mackail-Smith

Manager Craig Levein named the same starting XI who defeated Liechtenstein 1-0 on Saturday for the crucial clash in Alicante.

Skipper Darren Fletcher recovered from an ankle injury to remain in the side, while Barry Bannan will wear strapping on an Achilles injury.

With Kenny Miller struggling with a groin strain, Mackail-Smith - who netted his first international goal in his first start in Vaduz at the weekend - has again been handed the task of scoring the goals.

Victory against the world and European champions would guarantee a play-off spot, otherwise the Scots must match the Czech Republic's result in Lithuania to beat them to second place in Group I.

The Scotland team to play Spain in their Euro 2012 qualifier against Spain is: McGregor, Hutton, Caldwell, Berra, Bardsley, Fletcher, Bannan, Morrison, Adam, Naismith, Mackail-Smith.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/11/10/11/SOCCER_Scotland_Team.html&BID=165

Jordan Rhodes continued his impressive goalscoring form for Scotland Under-21s but his double was not enough to earn victory over Austria in Monday night's European Championship qualifier.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/11/10/10/manual_214128.html&BID=165

Scotland lost the home fixture 2-3

Sporting Life - Football News | Live Scores, Football Transfer News & Gossip

Last edited:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
fook me sideways i spent a hour channel hopping to find that out , 45 mins of which was spent on babestation but sheesh bbc2

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
fook me sideways i spent a hour channel hopping to find that out , 45 mins of which was spent on babestation but sheesh bbc2

same :lolol:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Full teams:

Spain team: Valdes, Ramos, Pique, Puyol, Alba, Cazorla, Busquets, Xavi, Pedro, Villa, Silva. Subs: Casillas, Martinez, Torres, Mata, Arbeloa, Llorente, Thiago.

Scotland team: McGregor, Hutton, Caldwell, Berra, Bardsley, Fletcher, Bannan, Morrison, Adam, Naismith, Mackail-Smith. Subs: Marshall, Whittaker, Cowie, Robson, Forrest, Goodwillie, McManus.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Would love to see CMS get one against a side like this.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Shock horror, CMS sings GOSBTS to Flower of Scotland cos he dosnt know the words

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Looking at the teams. And it is Come on Lithuania.

I think the Spanish may be vulnerable in defence with both of their full backs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here