Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Railways Major Delays On The Brighton Line 17th September

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
All trains currently cancelled / delayed to London due to broken down train in the Balcombe area.

Expect 60 minute delays and short notice cancellations - great incentive to work from home today.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
London services going via Barnham and the Arun valley

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
I'm on one that left btn at 0708, we're just pulling into burglars bill and it's heaving already!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I obviously dont pay enough for them to keep stock that f***ing works. So glad its another 8% in Jan on top of the 4023 with the added bonus of NEVER knowing if you will get to work on time. Thieving bastards.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I obviously dont pay enough for them to keep stock that f***ing works. So glad its another 8% in Jan on top of the 4023 with the added bonus of NEVER knowing if you will get to work on time. Thieving bastards.

The number of broken-down trains lately is ridiculous - they're obviously either not spending enough on maintenance to keep them going, or they're wearing out after being in service for about 10 years (if that). Not being able to rely on a decent train to get to work and back, and still paying £4k a year, and rising, is quite frankly pathetic.

D

Deleted User X18H

I jumped on the 07:48 Preston Park- Victoria. We are currently en route to Wayward Thief.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Got to Shoreham station and it was enough incentive to WFH besides I have been dealing with a major internal incident all weekend as well

More from Twitter:-

[MENTION=16021]SouthernRailUK

*Service update at 8:00. Earlier broken down train between Three Bridges and Haywards Heath causing 25 minute delays*

UPDATE: Following trains CANCELLED: 08:14 Brighton to Hove and 08:22 Hove to Brighton

UPDATE: Following trains CANCELLED: 08:16 Tonbridge to London Victoria, 08:12 Horsham to Redhill, 08:21 London Victoria to Brighton

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Got to Shoreham station and it was enough incentive to WFH besides I have been dealing with a major internal incident all weekend as well

Yup, most people at Shoreham seemed to be just getting to the station and heading home again. I particularly wanted to get to work today, 2 big meetings. That's b*gg*r*d now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Someone needs to pay for the white flags!

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
SouthernRailUK ‏[MENTION=16021]South[/MENTION]ernRailUK
UPDATE: 8:35 South Croydon to Shepherd's Bush has been cancelled. This is due to an earlier broken down train

NEW: Delays between Southampton Central and Eastleigh / Fareham until further notice.----Someone hit by a train

SouthernRailUK‏

*Service update at 8:30. Earlier broken down train between Three Bridges and Haywards Heath causing 25 minute delays*

*Service update at 8:30. A Broken down train at Honor Oak Park causing 25 minute delays between Forest Hill and New Cross Gate*

NEW: Delays between Southampton Central and Eastleigh / Fareham until further notice. A person has been hit

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
SouthernRailUK ‏[MENTION=16021]South[/MENTION]ernRailUK
*Service update at 9:00. Earlier broken down train between Three Bridges and Haywards Heath causing 25 minute delays*
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
35s SouthernRailUK ‏[MENTION=16021]South[/MENTION]ernRailUK
Service update at 9:00. A Broken down train at Honor Oak Park causing 25 minute delays between Forest Hill and New Cross Gate*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here