• Great - just what the doc ordered!

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • Pile of tossed dog piss!

Votes: 80 88.9%

• Total voters

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Southern FM is the biggest pile of poo on the radio.....it really stimulates your thought provoking area of the brain doesn't it !!!

I listen to

6.30-10....Alan Brazil's breakfast show on talksport
followed by Ian Collins on the same station
12 - 2 jeremy Vine on Radio 2 followed by Steve Wright :bowdown:

I will ocasionally listen to Capitol gold or classic fm (especially relaxing classics at 2 if i'm stressed)

Exmouth Seagull

Sep 11, 2003
Southern FM is just another 'Mix Network' clone. The local one here Gemini FM is almost identical.

They all play the same songs at the same times, all have Black Thunder, all have the same man doing the voiceovers, all run phone-in competitions together that are carefully worded to make you think it is only your local station giving the prize - when in fact it is national and you have virtually no chance of winning for your expensive call. etc etc etc

Total crap - Radio 2 or 5 Live for me.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Exmouth Seagull said:
Southern FM is just another 'Mix Network' clone. The local one here Gemini FM is almost identical.

They all play the same songs at the same times, all have Black Thunder, all have the same man doing the voiceovers, all run phone-in competitions together that are carefully worded to make you think it is only your local station giving the prize - when in fact it is national and you have virtually no chance of winning for your expensive call. etc etc etc

Total crap - Radio 2 or 5 Live for me.

True, you have Ocean FM in neighbouring Hampshire and Spire FM in Wiltshire, both are exactly the same as Southern FM.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
That's because nearly all these stations are owned by Capital Radio Group. Most the local commercial stations in this country are. And as such they are all bland and identical in terms of output.

Dull as shit.

It's pirate radio all the way for me, if I can ever get it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here