• Great - just what the doc ordered!

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • Pile of tossed dog piss!

Votes: 80 88.9%

• Total voters

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I'd quite like to put that Nicki Kegg-Shevlin on the end of my pork sword.

As for the radio station I'm out of range now. I used to have a mate who worked there is sales - back when Millard did their sports and David Beckett worked in the news room.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Absolute tosh...

Chris Moyles is quality in the mornings!!

Dan Gasser Southern FM Drive Time is all I bloody hear in the evening! Hence why I don't tune in ever.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I don't mind it actually. Saw Jack the lad at Withdean last week as well.

Having said that, i've just got a digital radio - Virgin is great, good variation and some classic stuff

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I don't listen to it through choice but sometimes my son has it on in the car, and yes, it it is innane drivel. They play a very narrow range of music, (all mainly modern, all mainly one genre) which I could possibly tolerate if it wasn't for the fact that all the presenters sound like dense 16 year old shop assistants in Dixons with poor communication skills trying to explain the latest TV technology.

Interesting that no one here has a good word for it but the format obviously works or they wouldn't do it. I suppose it's because it's aimed at under 21s, although I do feel if they went more eclectic they'd get more listeners.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
southern fm is rubbish. plain and simple.

give me radio 4 any day of the week. when there's nothing on radio 4 (ie archers or women's hour) i really struggle to listen to anything.

scr is like radio from the 1960's so it has a certain naff attraction i guess...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
fake slim said:
Nicky is a big brighton fan so can't see the point of slagging her off.

Rubbish she's a Spurs fan who has jumped on the band wagon to get to home and away matches for free and (alledgely) get off with footballers

Oh and SFM is crap as well, hate the adverts and the playlist (I'm sure its just an hour long tape they keep playing over and over all day)

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
brightonfan_86 said:
I never listen to Southern Fm anymore, they repeat same song ever hour. Give me BBC Radio 2 anyday of the week.

oh dear.

1066gull

fake slim said:
Nicky is a big brighton fan so can't see the point of slagging her off.

She is now Seagulls World presenter too.

I preferred it that I never knew what she looked like and just had a image in my head.

:nono:

Tesco in Disguise said:

BBC R2 is alright.

Wogan, Jonathon Ross and Steve Wright are the best presenters.

Having said that, my alarm clock woke up with BBC SCR and I didn't even notice the difference I wasn't listening to SFM. I try to limit my SCR coverage to just Harty.

Last edited:

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Nicky is one of the worst, by no means only, radio presenter who seems to think they can see out their two/three-hour session merely by repeating the words 'absolutely' and 'fantastic' and occasionally the two together...

Though always thought she looked hornier than she sadly sounded...

Same goes for the evening minx-ette Sam Mann (is she still there?)

Southern FM was always disposable pap though, the more disturbing is the entirely, frustratingly soggy Southern Counties - which makes Radio 2 sound like a pirate grime station by comparison...

Thought I'd escaped the godawful Joanne Good on my move back to London and the reassuring brilliance of Danny Baker's breakfast show on BBC London. Only for him to quit, and the hideous La Good to take over his place...
Forcing me back into the indulgent arms of Radio 5 of a morning, and the Smugmeister Nicky Campbell...
Really need to find an alternative... :(

Last edited:

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
A van der Meyde said:
BBC R2 is alright.

Wogan, Jonathon Ross and Steve Wright are the best presenters.

Having said that, my alarm clock woke up with BBC SCR and I didn't even notice the difference I wasn't listening to SFM. I try to limit my SCR coverage to just Harty.

bbc r2 is the most popular radio station in the country. as such, it must play the most bland, inoffensive drivvle possible. and it does. i have to admit, that i do like wogan and ross but sadly they don't control what's played and end up having to present utter wank. listening to this is even less permissable in youngsters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here