Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southend - Steward assualt

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
This morning, I spoke with David Jobson, the Safety Officer at Roots Hall, about the incident. He agreed with me that stewards have power of restraint but should not commit assault. He said that he will look at the tape and get back to me.

He added that some Southend fans were being interviewed on suspicion of racially abusing the referee (not Kuipers, thankfully) and that Nicky Forster is being questioned by the police in connection with gestures allegedly made at Southend fans. I didn’t see Forster make any gesture at the home fans.

David Jobson rang me an hour ago to say that he had reviewed the tape and agreed that the steward committed a virtual assault on the Albion fan. He said that the steward will be "spoken to". He should be sacked and prosecuted. If the Albion fan, having been pushed violently to the ground, had hit his head on the concrete steps then the steward would be facing a manslaughter charge.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
According to Southend fans the fan was allegedly trying to get onto the pitch.Complete twats there lot,they are not having it and reckon the steward was right.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
it was probably those pikey little council estate kunts who were drinking in the golden lion before the match making right idiots out of themselves. falling all over the place singing anti palace songs, with their vodka and cokes (have a beer for fucks sake). one of them looked like the gay lad from shameless

I saw them too! They all seemed to dissapear when the police came for a walk around!

barney

Jul 31, 2006
I saw them too! They all seemed to dissapear when the police came for a walk around!

probably because they were about 16.

saying that, i've seen the one who looks like the gay lad from shameless at a few away games before.

absolute prize kunt that kid. typical little chav

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I went home deaf in one ear after the FA Cup tie in Peterborough a few years ago when some **** let a flare off in my ear. He posts on here too.

I didn't care at the time though.

Ahhh happy days.

WOT

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just seen the incident on the local news roundup.
That steward should be sacked. Immediately.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here