Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southend expecting 1,700 Brighton fans tomorrow

7oaksgull

Jan 3, 2010
Sevenoaks, Kent
And chairman Ron Martin hopes the offer will lead to a large crowd which can inspire Blues in their bid to beat the drop.

“Now is the time for the town to come out and really support its football club,” said Martin.

“It’s all still up for grabs and but we can’t afford to lose or even draw tomorrow.

“We have to win and to give us the best chance possible we want the ground to be full.

“We’ve been told there are 1,700 Brighton fans coming and we want there to be at least five times that number of Southend supporters.”

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'd forgotten to mention it on here before, but I spoke to a steward at Hartlepool and they were genuinely expecting 60! Pretty sure we'll take more than 1,700 tomorrow given that we took 2000 last year on a Friday night.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It was 2,300 to Charlton on a Tuesday night, so 2,000 would seem about right if the weather's half decent.

7oaksgull

Jan 3, 2010
Sevenoaks, Kent
It was 2,300 to Charlton on a Tuesday night, so 2,000 would seem about right if the weather's half decent.

We've been allocated 2,076 tickets, no pay on the gate this time unlike last year..

wizo7

Man Met Massive
Dec 17, 2008
Bolney
Missed out last year and hav'nt done Southend before, i thought we would sell out our allocation??

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Can't wait now :) Hope for the same outcome as last season and not the season before. :censored:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Missed out last year and hav'nt done Southend before, i thought we would sell out our allocation??

You should, there's always a cracking atmosphere. It's basically a terrace with a low roof, you only notice the seats from the resultant bruises when we score.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We've been allocated 2,076 tickets, no pay on the gate this time unlike last year..

If there is any space, they WILL sell them on the day, no question. They are DESPERATE, and in no position to turn down a couple of hundred twenty pound notes.

wizo7

Man Met Massive
Dec 17, 2008
Bolney
If there is any space, they WILL sell them on the day, no question. They are DESPERATE, and in no position to turn down a couple of hundred twenty pound notes.

I bought my tickets the other day, but will fans be prepared to go there and take the risk of buying on the gate, when the club web-site said there will NOT be any available there??

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I'll be there. 1st away game in AGES.

FACT.

Is it seating or standing or does nobody really care?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I bought my tickets the other day, will fans be prepared to go there and take the risk of buying on the gate, when the club web-site said there will NOT be any available there??

Don't get me wrong, I'm not recommending it! Just saying, that IF somebody turned up at the gate with twenty quid, and IF it were not sold out, I think they'd get in.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

FACT.

Its seating but the leg room and general comfort is horrendous, its all made of wood.

Most will probably stand won't they, a bit like Charlton, everyone stood, but I guess it depends if the stewards are c*nts. Which they probably will be being from Essex.

wizo7

Man Met Massive
Dec 17, 2008
Bolney
Don't get me wrong, I'm not recommending it! Just saying, that IF somebody turned up at the gate with twenty quid, and IF it were not sold out, I think they'd get in.

Yeah, your probably right. I'm just a bit of a panicker you see :wozza:, and need to have everything sorted in advance!

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008

FACT.

Never known the S'end stewards to make people sit down. They generally take a relaxed attitude to that. Makes for a great atmosphere, although I doubt it will be as much fun as Easter '74 when, if memory serves me correctly, the events of the day made the national headlines. If NSC's very own folklorist, Freddie Goodwin, reads this, perhaps he can confirm my memory that the trouble at the match, in the town and on the trains did receive such prominent coverage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here