Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southend Away Re-Arranged

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Tuesday is more of a football day than Wednesday, don't you think? All the midweek games on the fixture list when it comes out are always Tues not Wed. I also guess it's more in the middle of the two Saturday's either side of it.

is it? thanks for pointing that out.

:thumbsup:

anyone want a host of tuesday night tickets...my ST will not be used so they are all available?

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I presume games are always on a Tuesday so that the trip for the away team menas leaving on Tuesday and soming back on Wednesday (if it's a long trip). If it was a Wednesday or Thursday you'd be leaving very little time when they get back to prepare for Saturday's game.

Actually this match suits me being on a Tuesday as I work Saturdays that aren't home matches. I also believe it's possible to get back to Haywards Heath after the game even if it's in the evening (perhaps someone could confirm that getting a train from Prittlewell at 22:08 is'nt too unreasonable?), which makes it a pretty straightforward trip.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Er, I don't think the man asking why they play on Tuesdays instead of Wednesday has a right to get sarcastic:shootself

very clever.....please do me a favour and ignore everything I say on here as you are really getting tiresome.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It's only Gillingham that is at HOME

All the other Tuesday games are AWAY

Cheltenham?

Gillingham/Cheltenham/tranmere tickets for sale...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Griffffffffo

Feb 4, 2008
Eastbourne
I reckon this is the thing which is most likely to cost us our chance of a play-off place. Not the quality, but the fatigue due to the fixture congestion.

That would be LESS of a problem if our squad had been built up over the transfer window, as promised. not only is it potentially slightly weaker, but the numbers haven't increased.

Lets hope there are some loan signings done.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Tuesday is more of a football day than Wednesday, don't you think? All the midweek games on the fixture list when it comes out are always Tues not Wed. I also guess it's more in the middle of the two Saturday's either side of it.

In the good old days I'm sure most midweek matches were on Wednesdays, I'm sure a lot of the Goldstone midweek games were on Wednesdays as I had to miss most of them due to other commitments, I could be wrong of course.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
In the good old days I'm sure most midweek matches were on Wednesdays, I'm sure a lot of the Goldstone midweek games were on Wednesdays as I had to miss most of them due to other commitments, I could be wrong of course.

They were and the reason for that was because (at the time) it CLASHED with the dog racing up the road hence we played on Weds when most other teams played on Tuesdays...parking cogestion, people wanting to do both etc etc

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
I believe that games are held on a tuesday to allow maxium recovery time to the game on Sat.

Teams that play on a wed in the prem/chumps leagues usually have their sat games moved to a sunday.

Apart from internationals of course

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here