Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southend Away Re-Arranged

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
In the good old days I'm sure most midweek matches were on Wednesdays, I'm sure a lot of the Goldstone midweek games were on Wednesdays as I had to miss most of them due to other commitments, I could be wrong of course.

Indeed they were. If memory serves its because of Hove dogs.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Just seen this now. I've still got 16 days holiday to take b4 the end of March and I've got family in Derbyshire and Yorkshire, so I might take two weeks off, and do the Huddersfield, Forest and Leeds games at least. Marvellous. Will be a tad expensive, though.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
In the good old days I'm sure most midweek matches were on Wednesdays, I'm sure a lot of the Goldstone midweek games were on Wednesdays as I had to miss most of them due to other commitments, I could be wrong of course.
Didn't they used to be 7.30 pm kick-offs in the 1970's before changing to the now generally accepted 7.45 pm kick off ?

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Just seen this now. I've still got 16 days holiday to take b4 the end of March and I've got family in Derbyshire and Yorkshire, so I might take two weeks off, and do the Huddersfield, Forest and Leeds games at least. Marvellous. Will be a tad expensive, though.

I booked next week off to go to the match at Huddersfield (16th Feb)which has now been re-arranged. Cant go to the matches at Forest and Leeds as no holidays are allowed to be booked over the Easter period.:cry::cry::cry::cry:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
I booked next week off to go to the match at Huddersfield (16th Feb)which has now been re-arranged. Cant go to the matches at Forest and Leeds as no holidays are allowed to be booked over the Easter period.:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Oh well, I'll be there in full voice, venting the frustration for the both of us at both Forest and Leeds :salute:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World

Sickness is allowed though?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Cant really afford to throw a sickie as knowing my luck I'll be spotted in the crowd during the match highlights on TV.:eek:

Haven't you still got one of those Prescott masks?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here