Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southend and Luton Away

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
just dont walk past the weatherspoons near the station,has 2 large entrances,they wait at either one and hope to pick you off,you think your sorted then out come more from the other side,we had a lucky escape last time,bully boys mind 50 plus v 6

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Never been to Kenilworth Road (absolute hovel) but I did venture to Southend on that sunny August day eight years ago when we all thought we'd batter them then ended up losing comfortably 2-0

:lolol:

I think I'm going to brave both this time (anyone got the Lonely Planet Guides to Essex & Bedfordshire, in case it gets a bit unpleasant?).

PS how on earth are Southend in the play off spots??

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Revell is out injured.

Well this is quite possibly the kiss of death, but when we played them at home this season, they were complete toilet. Before they even signed Revell.

Best team I've seen at home was Forest- although those who went to the City Ground may disagree- and for a short period in the first half, Doncaster.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Well this is quite possibly the kiss of death, but when we played them at home this season, they were complete toilet. Before they even signed Revell.

Best team I've seen at home was Forest- although those who went to the City Ground may disagree- and for a short period in the first half, Doncaster.

Must admit, in the first 15 or 20 minutes Donny looked like a team much too good for this division. Couldn't keep it up though could they.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Must admit, in the first 15 or 20 minutes Donny looked like a team much too good for this division. Couldn't keep it up though could they.

Nope. Thought they played quite superb football for a spell of about fifteen, twenty minutes, as you say. But maybe the fact it didn't last is why they're not in the top two now and Carlisle, somehow, are.

Assuming they don't go up via the play offs, they have to be a good bet for next season, as they're bound to pick up another few players, the final pieces in the jigsaw if you will.

On a Luton note- let's hope the ten point penalty costs them their place in this division, as we never, ever win at Kenilworth Road (not only that, but we inevitably play absolutely shockingly)

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Awfully tempting to get tickets for both Southend and Luton. It will be a good distraction from doing Finance revision. Exciting times ahead indeed :jester:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

I thought Southend played as well as any team between the two boxes, passed the ball around really nicely, but their strikers were useless, not much movement which usually led to them going for one more pass all the time and not really creating openings. They signed Leon Clark soon after that and shot up the table, and signed strikers again in January. I think they're a decent side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here