Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton's top boy

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
That sounds more like it. I can't believe he was sacked for 'football reasons' alone. Perhaps AP and NC (ego's) were too alike to work with each other.

Pretty spot on there. This sacking was always gonna happen. Just need an announcement this week and onwards as they say.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
1. Bigger ground. FACT
2. More fans. OPINION - Questionable
3. Better future. OPINION - UNKNOWN
4. Better past (or at least since TV was broadcast in colour). INCORRECT unless you take a period of time when you have been more successful? Oh you have

Sadly there are no 'big'clubs on the south coast. But Southampton, with a record attendance of only 32,000, and a highest ever league average of well below that, and only one major trophy to their name, are probably below Pompey by any reckoning, except possibly current attendances, where neither club's are anything to crow about compared to the likes of Sheff Wed or even Naaarwich.

Pompey won the league twice and the cup once long before football went money mad, their highest average gate was well above Saints record-ever crowd. Saints were in the top flight for a long time without ever making much impact, a dull little club who in the end were forever fighting relegation. When they finally slipped out of the division, they'd done so little for so long it was quite a while before anyone even noticed they'd gone. And with their identikit stadium and quiet fans, i doubt anyone's in a rush to have them back.

Yeah coz Blackpool, Huddersfield and Preston are massive clubs. Look at their history. FACT - They are looking at their overall history. They all have won more than the Saints and are in higher divisions and are maybe now perceived as medium sized clubs.

It makes me laugh the way if Saints have a bad few weeks due to the death of our owner and then having no manager, the knives come out and it's all over for us. Let's see where we are in May. Fair comment, lets see. It wont make you an overall bigger club than Pompey though

PS: Good to see BHA having some money for once and I for one hope they soon play at higher level simply so I can go and watch some decent midweek matches down the road from my house. Not sure how ur one of the biggest in the world though?? Pls explain.

For most of your history you've had a smaller ground. For most of your history you've had fewer fans. You've won one major trophy compared to four. As for the future, who knows? You're still below Pompey at the moment.

Krakatoa has nailed the argument IMHO.

But if he hasnt, at least he did discuss it with good valid points and did not resort to calling you a :tosser: just because he disagreed with you.

I am afraid I want you to fail this season, its one more promotion spot for us to try and get.

In response to another post of yours defending your right to come on this forum, I liked your response, whether we agree or disagree, with the right spirit and banter its all good.

:thumbsup:

BIG GAY AL

May 27, 2008
Sorry Al, Don't agree with your logic there. Higher league doesn't necessarily mean bigger. Wigan bigger than Leeds or Sheff Wed? Don't think so.

I appreciate you are having a bit of banter with our mate from The Dell but that argument doesn't add up.

I understand what your saying I know I'm taking it very litteral but I think league is the thing that defines how big you are. Its the only objective thing which everyone can agree on, if you look at history then how far do you go back? Leeds were a big club because they were a top prem side, but not anymore. Fair enough you could use attendance or something like that but there are too many variables.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here