Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Southampton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
March is the worst of the three for me. He is the most frustrating player I have ever seen play for the Albion. He had a lot of potential but has never come even close to reaching it and never does anything of note, slows down every attack.

Is also very predictable and never looks up when he crosses

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Stephens is a decent PL midfielder. People would like him if he came from some exotic nation and did stepovers but he wouldnt be any better. Good ball winner and the team generally got more possession with him on the pitch.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Bit of a hyperbole but in terms of what he could've been compared to what he has ended up being, he's not far off.

Not so concerned about Solly. Still hoping he will come good. More worried about the Stephens/Propper combination. That hasn’t been so good in recent times. Really hope I’m proved wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Stephens is a decent PL midfielder. People would like him if he came from some exotic nation and did stepovers but he wouldnt be any better. Good ball winner and the team generally got more possession with him on the pitch.

Yeah, but Stephens AND Propper in the middle of the park together. That's what many are questioning.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Is it 3-5-2? The only really surprise for me is no Bissouma, it must be fitness related as he’s been a starter since the restart.

Mooy looked exhausted last time out so no surprise.

Delighted to see Murray!

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016

Boss far better. Hopefully Stephens will be moved on at the end of this season.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Does anyone else think that sometimes, Potter picks the team he wants to finish the match with first working out his ideal formation for sometime in the second half with some fresh legs?

Southampton finished very well against Man Utd so would we really want our Stephens & Murrays on the pitch at the end?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Surprised to see Propper start. Not so much Stephens as he did OK when he came on against City. Bissouma was all over the place imo.

I am no March fan but let’s see how he goes tonight

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
It’s our best team, except bissouma for propper and izquierdo for March (obviously he won’t be playing again for us though)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here