Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Southampton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Hope we win but Potter just tries to be too clever.. Bissouma and Mooy must be our best midfielders and leaves both out. Plays Propper who has been terrible. Lets hope I am wrong but what has he suddenly seen in Murray. Ali must be so demotivated the way he is treated.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Interesting that there’s no Bissouma. Turning to experienced heads?

11 years ago Muzza starred in this brilliant away win over high spending Stains, and he’s still playing.

11 years on and both goal scorers that night are in our Premier League squad, who would have thought it?

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
March, Stephens and Murray starting a premier league game in the year 2020. Potter's team selections have been confusing at times but this is by far the most baffling of the whole season. None of these three should even make the squad anymore.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
And villa 1 up ffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Good for them . . . .its on us to play and get a result. If we lose and VIlla win so be it. I really don't care. Either you perform and deserve it or don't.

I'm not a religious man, but really did look to the skies when I saw the 2017/18 esque starting line up . . . GP's either done a lot of homework or lost his marbles.

I'm thinking he's thinking soak it up for 25 minutes . . . See where we are . . . If we're level at half time bring on the big gu . . .oh. . .

I've lost a little more faith as AJ isn't even in the squad, I hope for his sake a deals lined up to resurrect his career elsewhere. He needs and deserves to be playing football.

Maybe its a last hurrah for a few starters?

I don't know what to think.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I don’t enjoy being negative and I’ve been a big supporter of the Potter Project but I just do not know about overlooking a full Argentine international for Stephens?

But I don’t know a thing. Prove me wrong, boys!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
March, Stephens and Murray starting a premier league game in the year 2020. Potter's team selections have been confusing at times but this is by far the most baffling of the whole season. None of these three should even make the squad anymore.

Going to be totally overrun in midfield

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Disagree about March. March lacks consistancy but can be a match winner on his day. If he can find consistancy he will easily be good enough.

Agree about Stephens, who we are probably outgrowing as a club, and Murray who is obviously becoming too old to play at this level. I suspect this is their last chance to prove themselves able at this level in a big-ish game. Same could apply to March to be fair.

March is the worst of the three for me. He is the most frustrating player I have ever seen play for the Albion. He had a lot of potential but has never come even close to reaching it and never does anything of note, slows down every attack.

FF1

Aug 28, 2019
Hope we win but Potter just tries to be too clever.. Bissouma and Mooy must be our best midfielders and leaves both out. Plays Propper who has been terrible. Lets hope I am wrong but what has he suddenly seen in Murray. Ali must be so demotivated the way he is treated.

Hearing that AJ has a slight injury. Did not see him in any of the training photos either, so may be true. Hopefully, nothing serious.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Interesting line up , Murray starting doesn't surprise me , Propper keeping his spot really surprises me

I hope to see a reaction from Propper tonight 2 or 3 good passes per game isn't enough to warrant a starting place .

I expect us to use the long ball a bit more tonight and get Maupay feeding off of Murrays hold up play .

Come on boys get it done .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here