Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton v Bristol City

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
umm is anyone else fearing the backlash on jan 2nd

Actually no! They're on a rocky patch, prime time to turn em over. If the atmosphere is anything like the Burnley game we'll do em!

Bognorblue

Nov 6, 2011
I suspect people have realised their long ball tactics and have prepared for them. Shut Lambert out on Monday, get stuck into them and we can beat them too!!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
umm is anyone else fearing the backlash on jan 2nd

I was already worried about the game. We go negative even when on top form, and that hasn't really worked v southampton (We went for them in Gus's first game and that turned out well). Only watford have a greater fouls:yellow card ratio (8.50 fouls per yellow card), ours is the worst (4.59 fouls per yellow card), so I can see this game being dull from our tactics, infuriating through the ref's decisions (even if they are right) and depressing through the result.

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
I've been saying it for a few weeks now - Southampton are NOT going up. Well, they might fluke the play-offs, as they've obviously got enough points to make them even if they have a complete MELTDOWN in the second half of the season, but I'm very confident they're not top two material.

Southampton unfortnately will go up but only due to poor inconsistant opposition form from the teams behind them - this league being so unpredictable - Getting our key players back we can also still be in top six

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've been saying it for a few weeks now - Southampton are NOT going up. Well, they might fluke the play-offs, as they've obviously got enough points to make them even if they have a complete MELTDOWN in the second half of the season, but I'm very confident they're not top two material.

Said the same after our visit down there. They need to play a lot better than they did that day if they're going to finish top 2.

DanielT

just about when injury time started, lambert went down, i was listening to the bristol commentary through seagulls player, and they said he was no where near him, and how had the ref not booked him for diving.

There was diving when we played them, if that's valid play by them to get a goal by diving and claiming penalties, they'll be skinned alive in the premier league, hopefully

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
West Ham to win 5 nil. Then they don't go into 2012 top...I think. :clap:

6-0. 5 would draw them level on goal difference, but southampton have scored 47 to west ham's 38 (which would only become 43). A five goal win would be enough if it was 10-5 or more.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Here's hoping they're going on a losing streak to go down with the Christmas decorations, starting with a thumping at the Amex. Well, one can dream...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here