Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton to not form a guard of honour

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
What tosh, they will give us one because we are Champions not because we are getting the cup that day. Did you hear that from a Southampton fan by any chance?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Regardless of trophy date, they should have the good grace to accept we are CHAMPIONS and offer up the appropriate respect. It won't hurt them to do it, but it's the sort of graceless show that they won't live down if they don't.

Btw Safeway, where did you hear this?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We will get a guard of honour, from Southampton, Colchester, Huddersfield and Notts County.

Unless any of their respective managers are unsporting, ungracious, petty-minded weasels.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Who gives a flying fcuk about who is going to give us a guard of honour (We don't play bloody cricket you know). I am not even sure where this utter tosh came from. I am not sure I would want the the Albion doing such a thing. Yes we won the Championship and deservedly so but we don't need to rub it into their faces. The team will be well applauded by their own and as long as we beat Stains then another perfect day following the Albion this season.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I gather that in Southampton a 'Guard of Honour' is in fact a double thickness condom.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Who gives a flying fcuk about who is going to give us a guard of honour (We don't play bloody cricket you know). I am not even sure where this utter tosh came from. I am not sure I would want the the Albion doing such a thing. Yes we won the Championship and deservedly so but we don't need to rub it into their faces. The team will be well applauded by their own and as long as we beat Stains then another perfect day following the Albion this season.

Totally agree with you Surrey, couldn't give a toss if they do or don't!!!

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
"Unless any of their respective managers are unsporting, ungracious, petty-minded weasels." - Scumpton is a NO then.

"I am not sure I would want the the Albion doing such a thing" - If I remember correctly, the albion did such a thing for Swansea at the Withdean before the match started, Swansea were presented with the champions trophy after the game and many Seagulls supporters stayed behind to applaud the Swansea achievement.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
"I am not sure I would want the the Albion doing such a thing" - If I remember correctly, the albion did such a thing for Swansea at the Withdean before the match started, Swansea were presented with the champions trophy after the game and many Seagulls supporters stayed behind to applaud the Swansea achievement.

Exactly. As it should be.

This is a wind-up.

Yes, we know :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here