Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton - time to forgive?

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
I remember too, but I think it was during xmas/new year, it was a draw I think 2 all. Think they had Bobby Gould playing for them.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
I remember going to the Rovers game a week or two later expecting a goal fest, I think we drew 1-1? Or won 1-0... but we didn't emulate the Tottscum result!

I remember too, but I think it was during xmas/new year, it was a draw I think 2 all. Think they had Bobby Gould playing for them.

English 1977 division 2 Football league

Just revisited that league table, & not only was it virtually impossible for Saints to have lost to Spurs & miss out on promotion, had Saints beaten Spurs they would have been crowned champions.

Last edited:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
very quiet at southampton train station today,around the 6 oclock mark,
me and my lad gave them plenty to cheer about mind.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
before you start preaching "bollocks" palace are only our rivals if you are under 40 or thereabouts.

perhaps people a little older than you have the history to care or are we no longer categorised as "good fans" ???

btw I have an equal dislike of Palace, Reading, Swindon, Bournemouth and Aldershot all of who - in my time - were much more our direct rivals
Exactly. Palace are simply 'a club with whom we have had a rivalry' rather than 'our rivals'. You can also add Fulham to your list.

Certainly at the moment our main rivalry is with Southampton. That may change in future, who knows, Palace might even come back on the scene! But actually, if they come up with us, I wouldn't be 100% surprised if the Scumhampton rivalry grew in the next few years as we'll be similarly-sized clubs and all the ingredients are there. Can just imagine in a few years' time our young fans asking "why do older people say Palace are our rivals?"

Exactly. Palace are simply 'a club with whom we have had a rivalry' rather than 'our rivals'. You can also add Fulham to your list.........Palace might even come back on the scene! But actually, if they come up with us, I wouldn't be 100% surprised if the Scumhampton rivalry grew in the next few years ..............Can just imagine in a few years' time our young fans asking "why do older people say Palace are our rivals?"

Congratulations. You've been spouting a load of old tosh all week but that post is the icing on the cake. Absolute bollocks of the highest order.

We haven't been in the same league as Palace for most of (if not every single) Albion fans' lives yet we sing about them all the time. We don't sing about Fulham, Saints, Reading or whatever.

Palace are NOT like Fulham. Palace hate us and we hate them. I'm running out of ways to state this truism.

LondonSaint

Apr 2, 2010
There is only one rival as far as we are concerned and they are that vile little outfit in between our 2 clubs.

I don't know one fellow Saint who hates Brighton.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I think it's a reference to Portsmouth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here