Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton Seating

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
All tickets have a seat no. on them . I don't get this sit where you want business, do people sit where they want at the Amex ? Everyone sits in their allocated seat so why is it a problem away in a sold out end to sit where your seat says you sit ?

Because people who couldn't get seats together, want to sit together at the expense of other fans, who may then not be able to sit with the people they came with.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
So do you do this at the Amex then ?

No, you misunderstand me - I think people should sit in their allocated seating. I'm talking about people who impose the 'sit where you like' rule on everyone else, which means some people will not be able to sit with people they came with themselves.

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
A fair few people will sit towards the back regardless of their allocated seat. The ones who do this seem to be those who start more songs/sing more etc soo if they're all gathered towards the back..not a problem with me. If its a problem with people then get to the ground that little bit earlier so any queries can be sorted out before K.O. I will admit that majority of games i have sat where i wanted, normally at the back to start some songs and know those around me will sing it, however if anyone asks me to move as im in their seat i will move. At leicester i was asked to move for 2 gents whos seats i was at, to the right of me there were 5 available seats and its already a few mins into the game yet they seemed bemused to why i suggested them sitting 1 SEAT ALONG?!

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
All tickets have a seat no. on them . I don't get this sit where you want business, do people sit where they want at the Amex ? Everyone sits in their allocated seat so why is it a problem away in a sold out end to sit where your seat says you sit ?

Couldn`t agree more.
My mates always buy tickets together so the only people that cause problems are the ones that won`t sit in their allocated seats.
If they did then there would no problem.

Anyway sit where you like saturday i`m not going as wer`e going to get well and truly dicked.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
At an away game several years ago ( forget where - may have been Shef Wed) it was sit where you like, which we did. When we happened to check our tickets we were sitting in exactly the seats allocated on the tickets! Spooky.

Carry on.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
No, you misunderstand me - I think people should sit in their allocated seating. I'm talking about people who impose the 'sit where you like' rule on everyone else, which means some people will not be able to sit with people they come with themselves.

I agree with you, if the seat has a row and a number then sit where it says , if it is unallocated then sit where you want and first come , first served.

I don't get this sit where you want despite having an allocated seat and nobody does that at the Amex so why do it away ?

bpbill

Jul 13, 2011
I think sit were you want is a fantastic idea. In fact it is so good I propose that I arrive early for the Coventry game, Sat week and pick a couple of seats to sit in for me and the wife. Think I might try a bit closer to the half way line.

D

Deleted member 18477

I think sit were you want is a fantastic idea. In fact it is so good I propose that I arrive early for the Coventry game, Sat week and pick a couple of seats to sit in for me and the wife. Think I might try a bit closer to the half way line.

haha!

D

Deleted member 18477

i quite fancy sitting WSU, a bit lower down, next to the exit at the Amex for one game so i shall kindly tell the person who usually sits their to f*** off!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So do you do this at the Amex then ?

Jeez, for someone who seems to revel in being such a wind-up merchant (where "wind-up" means "posting the same old tired shit for year after year") your misinterpretation of that post was really quite extraordinary.

I hope the random seat I chose to sit in on Saturday is yours.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
At an away game several years ago ( forget where - may have been Shef Wed) it was sit where you like, which we did. When we happened to check our tickets we were sitting in exactly the seats allocated on the tickets! Spooky.

Carry on.

I've done that quite a few times to be honest :lolol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Everyone talks of SITTING when we all KNOW we STAND anyway!!!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Lots of reasons. Maybe the were circumstances beyond my control that meant I could'nt get the tickets next to each other. Maybe my seat is bang smack in the middle of a family with children and they wont appriciate my "enthusiasm". Maybe im taking a disabled brother to his first game and need to be with him.

Why wouldnt you just not be a dick about it?

I'm not usually fussed if people sit in their allocated seats or not, but now you've come on here whining like a little bitch I'm going to sit in my exact seat at Southampton and kick off if anyone's in it when I get there - hopefully it's you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here