Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton Seating

Jan 30, 2008
At Watford the guys in front of us got asked to move just before kick-off by the people whose seats they were in, they agreed to move. It turned we were in their seats, there were 5 of us and we were in 2 of our seats plus 3 immediately next to our seats. They asked us to move which we agreed to. We then asked the 3 people in our remaining seats if they'd move. They refused so we got screwed and had to split up. This is why I much prefer grounds where, when sold out or close to sold out, sitting in your allocated seat is enforced. When the away end is nowhere near selling out, like at Cardiff, unreserved seating does seem more sensible.
yeah, but where's Costa and her crazy gang going to sit ?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
yeah, but where's Costa and her crazy gang going to sit ?

At the front, as always? They're usually in place by about ten past two anyway, so the rest of us will just have to work around them...

D

Deleted member 18477

Lots of reasons. Maybe the were circumstances beyond my control that meant I could'nt get the tickets next to each other. Maybe my seat is bang smack in the middle of a family with children and they wont appriciate my "enthusiasm". Maybe im taking a disabled brother to his first game and need to be with him.

Why wouldnt you just not be a dick about it?

if you had a reason like that i personally would be very willing to let you sit in my allocated seat. however im baffled that you call people dicks for doing the right thing by sitting in the right seat.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
TBH some people think the football is like f***ing theatre I want to turn up at 3.05 and expect my seat.

The only thing you should expect is a f*** off. You want your seat? Get there EARLIER.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Surely it's as basic an argument as whether it's looking full or not. If it's full, sit in your allocated seat otherwise you are screwing someone else over. Not full? Sit where you want and everyone will be fine. Simple...no?

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 18477

TBH some people think the football is like f***ing theatre I want to turn up at 3.05 and expect my seat.

The only thing you should expect is a f*** off. You want your seat? Get there EARLIER.

it kind of is though. you get an allocated seat....

just saying.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Im also not calling anyone a dick, im saying dont be a dick about it.

Theres a difference.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Maybe im taking a disabled brother to his first game and need to be with him.

Maybe you shouldn't have been such a dick by ensuring you had the appropriate tickets for an area suitably equipped for disabled supporters and their assistants. Or, perhaps, bought tickets together using the friends and family facility that ensures that those who wish to sit together do so.

In short - you shouldn't have dicked about at the ticket purchasing stage of the operation.

Mark24

Mar 1, 2010
Hove
Well I've got my allocated seat for Middlesborough and I shall jolly well sit in it... Could be chaos otherwise...

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
southampton away sold out, if we can sit anywhere, and i am well up for this then north stand at amex next week we can sit anywhere.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Maybe you shouldn't have been such a dick by ensuring you had the appropriate tickets for an area suitably equipped for disabled supporters and their assistants. Or, perhaps, bought tickets together using the friends and family facility that ensures that those who wish to sit together do so.

In short - you shouldn't have dicked about at the ticket purchasing stage of the operation.

Maybe you shouldnt quote parts out of context

Lots of reasons.......Maybe the were circumstances beyond my control that meant I couldnt get the tickets next to each other......

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
I never knew we sold away tickets as unallocated seats. Our tickets are allocated seats.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Exactly, sit in your allocated seat. What is hard with that for some ?

I dont get it. Do you have numbers printed on your tickets but are allowed to sit anywhere? or do they have unallocated simply printed on them.

In the home end you have to sit on your sear, unless of course its not sold out and there are other seats empty.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I dont get it. Do you have numbers printed on your tickets but are allowed to sit anywhere? or do they have unallocated simply printed on them.

In the home end you have to sit on your sear, unless of course its not sold out and there are other seats empty.

All tickets have a seat no. on them . I don't get this sit where you want business, do people sit where they want at the Amex ? Everyone sits in their allocated seat so why is it a problem away in a sold out end to sit where your seat says you sit ?

Quaid

Nov 6, 2011
Agreed, me and boy have our seats and unfortunately we are not flexible - unless of course someone swaps for an aisle seat (always need a jimmy!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here