Southampton on MOTD

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Haha love it.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
What was the gate? 28-29,000? Against a club with absolutely tiny away support? Do you think fans on their forum are chuckling to themselves at the fact we've added more seats and are now 3-4,000 below capacity in our brand new stadium?

You can easily explain both stats. Hardly a talking point is it?
the talking point is if we got promoted to the premiership tickets would be like gold dust for the opening game 30,000 crammed in the Amex where as at st marys today there were loads Of empty seats very surprising not heard official attendance but a poor show from the saints faithful

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
The way Lawro and Hansen talked about them, it was as if they were a Championship team already, again. Even though they almost held their own against City the other day. f*** me, if we ever get promoted, the two of them (Hansen at least) will be knee deep in their own piss for laughing too much.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
I'd heard that mentioned but I've just looked at their pricing ... Assuming Wigan is Cat C, Adult prices ranged from £28-42, Cat A range from £35-£48?

That's not excessive is it?

Not really. Those prices are right in line with Villa's, at least from last season. Believe the most expense normal seat was 44 quid last season...maybe 45 with the cheapest being 20-25. Perhaps they just want to think the season starts when they host Manunited next? I assume that will be a sell out

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
If we made it to the premier league, for whatever reason, good or bad- the Amex would be full to the brim. Mostly because Sussex has never seen premier league football TBH. You just wouldn't be able to get a ticket for love nor money.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I heard it was a capacity crowd and fancy dress Saturday down at St Marys, hardly the fault of the club that so many fans decided to come dressed as empty seats.

Robert Codners Nostrils

Oct 12, 2004
NYC
What was the gate? 28-29,000? Against a club with absolutely tiny away support? Do you think fans on their forum are chuckling to themselves at the fact we've added more seats and are now 3-4,000 below capacity in our brand new stadium?

You can easily explain both stats. Hardly a talking point is it?

Sticking up for your brother?! Ahhh bless.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I see that Dean Hammond isn't even making the subs bench for Scumhampton. Is he likely to be shipped out to Leyton Orient or MK Dons anytime soon?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Sussex has never seen premier league football

But we've been in the top flight before. 'Premier League' is just a brand name, doesn't mean our time in the old First Division "doesn't count".

I remember that first game at the Goldstone against Arsenal. Got to the ground a couple of hours before kick off as we were going to sell out & there will be thousands trying to get into a full ground.

Reality......

We never once had full capacity at the Goldstone in the 4 years we were in the First Division.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Attendance is irelevant. whats interesting is it looks like stains are not going to have the wonderful season that some of the closet stains fans on here claimed.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No doubt one of them will be along soon to explain, or maybe not. Fan on 606 was having a moan about the number of fans phoning the local radio station and suggesting Adkins should be sacked...although in fairnes, probably much the same as some of ours would have done if we'd failed to score again today. Is this over expectation just a South Coast thing?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I don't get off on attendances but I was amused by the result after watching Adkins on Football Focus looking down his nose at Wigan. Saying something like "we have the pay them respect" when it was quite clear he was implying that they would be rolled over ..... love it!

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I remember that first game at the Goldstone against Arsenal. Got to the ground a couple of hours before kick off as we were going to sell out & there will be thousands trying to get into a full ground.

Reality......

We never once had full capacity at the Goldstone in the 4 years we were in the First Division.

Really? What was full capacity then? I remember standing in the East terrace and West stand a few times and hardly being able to move.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Reality......

I think we had 28k? I have to confess it felt more than that as the place was rammed. We did used to get some "creative" crowd figures at the Goldstone right up to when they knocked the place down. I'd say Arsenal was in fact sold out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here