Southampton on MOTD

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
just watching the Sunday AM repeat. Even having read this thread I'm still surprised at how barren some parts of the ground are.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
The figures at the Goldstone in the late 70's early 80's were pure fiction. It was breathing room only in the North stand on many occasions and they just kept letting them in.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
But we've been in the top flight before. 'Premier League' is just a brand name, doesn't mean our time in the old First Division "doesn't count".

Didn't you know football was invented in 1992?! ???

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
First top flight game in 7 years and still stacks of empty seats!

Official capacity just under 33k
Official att: 29,604, though I thought it looks a LOT less

Still, give them their dues - c 29k for a club like that is probably overachieving...

Palace bottom of the league
Saints bottom of the league
Happy days

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Mind you, as nice as it is to see now, 2 or 3 games in is FAR too early to be making any bold statements about where anyone will be at the end of the season - just look at Reading's run after a poor start last year. The championship is going to be an awesome league once again (even more so I think), so there will be ups and downs for everyone. I reckon there are a good dozen clubs in with a genuine chance of being in & around the top 6 so it'll be one hell of a race.

BRING IT ON! :albion2:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm certain Southampton will be fine this season. Principally because there are worse teams than them around. Plus they have money to spend.

Wigan will probably be around the bottom four again, QPR, Villa, West Ham, plus there's always one surprise team down there.

Reckon Billy Sharp will be getting linked to moves back to the Championship (& the north) by Christmas though.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
this thread once again proves we have some cringeworthy fans:blush:

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I'm certain Southampton will be fine this season. Principally because there are worse teams than them around. Plus they have money to spend.

Wigan will probably be around the bottom four again, QPR, Villa, West Ham, plus there's always one surprise team down there.

Reckon Billy Sharp will be getting linked to moves back to the Championship (& the north) by Christmas though.

I don't share your certainty that the Stains will be fine, though their money will undoubtedly help. It'll take a wee while to settle into the division, so I'm sure their results will start to improve (though v funny if they didn't!!)

I'd take the 4 teams you've mentioned there and add Stains, Norwich, Reading and Stoke with a sneaking suspicion that WBA will get dragged in at some point. Mind you, I had a tenner on Newcastle to get relegated last season!!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
All that cash spent and a probable 0 points out of 12 that's what you get from an ex physio managing in the premiership

I would say they have no chance of staying up. Early days, but they'll go down, with v.few points, with Villa and if I could choose the other one, I would say West Ham.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here