Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton looking in real trouble now

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
It would make me laugh if we were Southamptons' big game next season, with Pompey two divisions above them, think that would be pretty hard for them to bear. Agree that it looks too close to call, I would rather have the games that Wednesday have to play than Saints...can see only one potential pot-hole, Saints play Sheff Utd on the last day who by then may have nothing to play for, what chance them putting out an under strength team to effectively throw the game and send Wednesday down?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Love Saints to go down, we're gonna need a new team who consider themselves Champions before a ball is kicked once Leeds have completed their dodgy exit from this division

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Nice easy away game next season if they go down. I dont think they will though, I have a hunch it might be Sheff Wed.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Other thing to remember is the turmoil going on behind the scenes at Southampton.

I also wouldn't be surprised that if they are relegated they start next season with -10 points.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
West Brom will stuff Southampton out of sight next week.
Sheffield Utd have won 7 out of their last 9 games (including a comfortable 2-0 today against in-form Hull) and have come from nowhere to be on the fringes of the Playoffs.

Its looking grim / funny (depending on your allegiences).

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Personally I would rather Wednesday avoid the drop, much more fun to have Saints as an away game next season, would like to think we could take several thousand there.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Anyone know a decent pub near St.Marys? I'm not drinking their overpriced Tetley's rubbish again.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
So Sheff Utd might be in a position to decide Sheff Wednesday's fate on the last Saturday of the season, depending on how Utd do against Saints.

Interesting!

So Sheff Utd might be in a position to decide Sheff Wednesday's fate on the last Saturday of the season, depending on how Utd do against Saints.

Interesting!

Much like southamptons fate was in hands, mostly, of portsmouth, when they played west brom season southampton went down

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
If the results go Sheff Utd's way next week then a win against the Saints could give them a play off place. And Sheff Wed will not be on their minds.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I stand by earlier remarks.
St Marys is gubbins, bland, identikit stadium, and Southampton town centre is a f***ing dump with nothing better than a Yates to drink in. The station WAS bloody miles from the ground, but I was tired, emotional and drunk. And Artois was leading the way.

Personally, I think Wednesday will save them.

My Pompey-supporting mate is pretty intolerable with the final coming up; if Southampton go down he will be utterly impossible. And, God, if they get 5th or 6th...

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Other thing to remember is the turmoil going on behind the scenes at Southampton.

I also wouldn't be surprised that if they are relegated they start next season with -10 points.

Your right there. I think any of the clubs down the bottom of the Championship, bar Barnsley, will struggle to maintain their budget in League one.

Southampton away would be brilliant though.

Imagine it; last game of the season Southampton 1st, Brighton 2nd; the match kicks-off at St.Marys with Brighton needing a win to be crowned champions; its the 90th minute, 3-3, Dean Cox is wide right with the ball at his feet, he swings it in to the back post, up leaps Glenn Murray too head the ball back towards his far post, the ball agonisingly dips over the Saints keeper's head, almost in slow motion; and the away end errupts, 4,000 travelling Brighton fans going barmy.
:drool: :lolol::clap2:

:jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here