Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton looking in real trouble now

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Newspapers have been reporting that they have done a deal with Arsenal to get the rest of the Walcott transfer fee paid as ASAP because they need the cash.

With the terms changing, it means that subject to appearances etc.. they could now lose up to 2.9 million compared with the original deal.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
I think they've had it: 5 games to go and they play Brizzle City, Charlton, Burnley, West Brom and Sheff Utd. Arguably 4 in the promotion mix so that when they face Sheff Utd last game of the season they might well be down out and out by then.
And maybe starting on minus 15 as well...

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Southampton isn't the best away trip to take on. The town centre is shit, the stadium is miles from the station, and the ground itself is SHIZER.

I'd probably go though. It'd be a bit rude not to.

From what my friends tell me.... you'll soon need to learn Polish as a second language to get round Southampton.

Suits me..... Nazdrowia!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Southampton city centre is alright for a beer or two, and there's not wrong with St.Mary's as a stadium - its just not all that pretty. The sight lines, etc are really good.

As for the station being miles from the ground- that's just bollocks. The station's on the edge of the town centre, and from their its a 10 min stroll to the ground. If you are really incapable of that, get off the Brighton train at St.Denys which is FIVE minutes from the ground.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
As an aside, the front page headline in the Southampton Daily Echo today is 'SAINTS LOSING £38,900 A DAY'.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Last edited:

World of Sport

Mar 9, 2007
WSU
Southampton's remaining games:

Bristol City (H)
Charlton Athletic (A)
Burnley (H)
West Brom (A)
Sheffield United (H)

Though i hate the scummers, i can see them avoiding relegation on the last day. That gives Meridian TV the chance to make an hour long programme presented by Andy Steggell, showing all their goals and interviews from McMenemy, Le Tissier and Channon with the theme music from the 'Great Escape' playing in the background. Can't f***ing wait....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Though i hate the scummers, i can see them avoiding relegation on the last day. That gives Meridian TV the chance to make an hour long programme presented by Andy Steggell, showing all their goals and interviews from McMenemy, Le Tissier and Channon with the theme music from the 'Great Escape' playing in the background. Can't f***ing wait....

Excellent.

No doubt they'll schedule it just before the three-hour POMPEY'S ROAD TO WEMBLEY FA Cup extravaganza, with Fred Dineage.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

Better scenario:

"Welcome to St Marys where you join us to witness jubilant scenes as goals from 'light-finger' Wright-Phillips seem to have saved Saints. The crowd are on the pitch and I can see grown men crying with joy................................. oh hold on, I'm just getting news of a 97th minute winner for Sheffield Wednesday which will send Saints DOWN on goal-difference. Oh this is a catastrophe, if only Saints hadn't missed those 2 first-half penalties. They are still crying on the pitch but now for a very different reason. Back to you in the studio Fred"

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Back in trouble again tonight, 4th from bottom after losing at home to Burnley.

Only one point ahead of Sheff Wed who have a far superior goal difference.

Remaining games (Southampton)

Away at West Brom
Home v Sheffield United

Remaining games (Sheff Wed)

Away at Leicester
Home to Norwich

Both runs in pretty horrible, Southampton playing teams at the top, with Wednesday playing against teams also fighting relegation.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Back in trouble again tonight, 4th from bottom after losing at home to Burnley.

Only one point ahead of Sheff Wed who have a far superior goal difference.

Remaining games (Southampton)

Away at West Brom
Home v Sheffield United

Remaining games (Sheff Wed)

Away at Leicester
Home to Norwich

Both runs in pretty horrible, Southampton playing teams at the top, with Wednesday playing against teams also fighting relegation.

That's too close for me to call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would like to see Southampton down as it's an easy to get to away game :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here