Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton are in BIG trouble.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Completely unrelated ...

Ted Bates and Jimmy Crankie

mandaric_600x410.jpg

What's Milan Mandaric got to do with it???

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't believe they are pulling out just because they cannot appeal the 10 pts. There must be more to it.

There have been major question marks for a couple of weeks about the source of the Pinnacle group's funding. The guy who's supposedly stumping up the cash is having trouble proving he actually has any.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
There have been major question marks for a couple of weeks about the source of the Pinnacle group's funding. The guy who's supposedly stumping up the cash is having trouble proving he actually has any.

For 'Property Tycoon' read 'Letting Agent'

For 'Multi-millionaire' read 'Company with a turnover of £50,000'

It's a joke

They won't go out of business. There will always be someone out there prepared to step in.

It is very funny though.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
They won't go under. When was the last time a club from the top four divisions did? These stories get really tedious as there are always about ten Eleventh Hour Reprieves and somebody always stumps up the wonga in the end. What other type of business has so many lines of credit? Football clubs are valuable concerns and you are likely to come out smelling of roses in the end. Unless your initials are MA of course...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I agree, I'm sure the aforementioned "miracle" will arrive as it does with every club these days.

Which was the last club to actually go under? I'm guessing Maidstone United who for one thing, had a far smaller fanbase than the likes of Southampton (crowds of 1200), and for another they'd been playing in Dartford for several years, thus making it a lot easier for their local authority to ignore their plight.

Nobody actually goes to the wall any more. In Scottish football maybe, but not in England.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Fact is, who, other than a football club is going to need a brand spanking new stadium? Administrator will realise the most money by allowing the club to keep going.

Fact is, who, other than a football club is going to need a brand spanking new stadium? Administrator will realise the most money by allowing the club to keep going.

Portsmouth are looking to get a new stadium, maybe them?

Failing that, Eastleigh?

:lolol:

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
I'm pretty sure that clubs in administration have to have their CVA in place by 2359 on the 30th June to get their share back otherwise incur another penalty a la Leeds, so I think they may be on -25 as of an hour ago.

Speaking to a lot of Stains-supporting mates, I think they'd take that in return for having a team to support, but to many it's become a bit too real and they are now genuinely worried. There also seems to be a lot less of the "We're a big club" mentality which is refreshing.

As an aside, I cycled past Eastleigh's ground on my way to play football tonight and they're advertising the Stains friendly. Starting to think it may get cancelled as it's pointless playing a pre-season against your same-league rivals...

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Indeed. A football stadium pretty much only has one use; realistically the only way you can make money out of it is to use it as a football ground. It can't be converted easily into something else like a pub can be turned into a house - even something like a redundant North Sea oil rig could be turned into a hotel selling oil rig 'experience' holidays, but a football ground without a football team is of no use whatsoever.

I know I shall get called cruel and heartless for this but if the current club is so deep in the shit that it can't continue then I sincerely hope they go bust and drop out of the league. They can then reform (the same as Aldershot) and work their way back. The alternative is another 'cheat' club like Leicester where a new Southampton suddenly appears in the same ground and the same division - but with all their debts wiped out and a nice clean slate giving them a huge advantage over other clubs still struggling on. A 10, 20, 30 point penalty resulting in maybe an extra relegation is a tiny price to pay for writing off millions of pounds.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I'm pro-saints on this, and believe that the FL have let down the club, however thats not to say that Rupert Lowe hasn't f***ed it up. But if they did do the cheat method (which i can realisticly see with the 'big club' menatlity, despite it being on the drop, it will still be there) then the FL will have some answering to and maybe fans will finally say enough and consider taking action. the FL haven't given a toss about the lower leagues in a long time, and leave teams crippled and struggling. As long as they don't stink up their pathetic equivelent of the prem (champo) its all cash for them. Disgrace.

And it does make you appreciate what DK did and what TB will be doing. And i also agree. Newcastle will be shitting them selves. But thats another story ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here