Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SOS For Harty

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Like Comedy says, Harty would'nt come back if you begged him.

He'd had enough of all the twats on here complaining and sticking the boot in and decided that it was'nt fun anymore so jacked it in willingly.

So, comedy Steve runs it now and good luck to the lad. We're lucky to have the phone in at all judging by what I hear from Southend and Colchester coverage I get up here in in Arsessex from the Beeb.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Right, that's me done. You've gone easy on me, I think the people here are going soft in their old age! Do feel free to put the boot in on air, if you think I don't know what I'm talking about, or getting it wrong, or am not a bona-fide Albion fan, tell me. I'm back on the phone-in on 22nd Aug I think, might be 5th Sept. Give the other (new) guys time to bed in, it's a bit like the Albion right now; time to gel, all that jazz.

And I'm afraid from what the Beeb people are intimating here, asking for Harty back would be like asking Michael Jackson to honour his O2 dates. I enjoyed his show, and miss it too.

Night :)

Stephen

Thought you did a sound job mate. Much better than hearing the same old cliches re The Alamo/Doris Day etc etc over and over again from Ian Hart.

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
I like Harty but lets face it last season wasn't his finest hour. Everyone has a shelf life and I think his time had come and he knew it.

Steve is a good choice, give him a chance, he knows what he's doing in front of a mike and he's Albion through and through.

Ward? Jury's out but IMO it should have been someone like Mark Treason show Brailsford, another Albion fanatic who can handle a microphone. Tabloid TV reviewing ex Arsenal fans...? Doesn't do it for me.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Mike Ward is a decent bloke who gets grossly unfair stick on NSC. And he was very competent hosting last Saturday's phone-in. IMHO.

Mark Brailsford is also a very decent bloke, Albion through and through, and had the distinction of hosting the phone in last time we were TOP OF THE LEAGUE - Southend away, last season.

Therefore, MB is a bit of a rabbit's foot for the Seagulls, and should be brought back pronto.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Like Comedy says, Harty would'nt come back if you begged him.

He'd had enough of all the twats on here complaining and sticking the boot in and decided that it was'nt fun anymore so jacked it in willingly.

So, comedy Steve runs it now and good luck to the lad. We're lucky to have the phone in at all judging by what I hear from Southend and Colchester coverage I get up here in in Arsessex from the Beeb.

Got hurt by some people over the internet? Right...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here