Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SOS For Harty

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Was a good show, give it a couple of weeks and I'm sure the callers will get better and the debate will start to roll

+2:thumbsup:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
i listened to the commentry for bit on scr tonight and the guy doing it was the most boring guy ive ever heard ....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Infinitely superior to that guy they had last season. A hint to any wannabe commentators, if you can't even speak properly in real life don't go on the radio. :mendoza:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Is this the same Comedy Steve who last season had people saying he should replace Harty. Perhaps the old saying 'stick with what you have because the options may not be as good' is true.

Maybe, just maybe, the small proportion of people voicing their disquiet were not the same who were wanting 'Comedy Steve' as the host. Remarkably, we do not all share the same opinion as one and other.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
f*** off the lot of ya bring back Harty, if ya dont like it lump it HartY is BHAFC.

Isn't it you that doesn't like it and is having to lump it? Unless you're involved in recruitment at Radio Sussex that is. But you're not. Are you?Also, Stephen Grant is a Brighton fan.

Apart from that, a cracking contribution. :thumbsup:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I thought it was a boring show tonight because of the standard of callers and because of the circumstances. I'm sure all early season phone ins are boring because there's nothing really of any worth to talk about just yet.

I would have phoned in but I'm a sensible bloke who would have basically just said we need to give them time. Which is hardly what you want to hear on that sort of show, it's a shame that twat Ernest didn't phone in so we can laugh at his stupidity. Maybe next time.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Right, that's me done. You've gone easy on me, I think the people here are going soft in their old age! Do feel free to put the boot in on air, if you think I don't know what I'm talking about, or getting it wrong, or am not a bona-fide Albion fan, tell me. I'm back on the phone-in on 22nd Aug I think, might be 5th Sept. Give the other (new) guys time to bed in, it's a bit like the Albion right now; time to gel, all that jazz.

And I'm afraid from what the Beeb people are intimating here, asking for Harty back would be like asking Michael Jackson to honour his O2 dates. I enjoyed his show, and miss it too.

Night :)

Stephen

thought you did quite well myself. Just stop trying to flog me your DVD at Komedia nights!:thumbsup:

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Is that really an old saying? Really?

More or less seals it for me, if you don't like him then he must be doing something right.

Question - have you ever been positive about anything ever?

:kiss:

Comedy Steve did pretty well considering the result and the callers

Nail/Head

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
i listened to the commentry for bit on scr tonight and the guy doing it was the most boring guy ive ever heard ....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I disagree, - I thought he was descriptive without getting over excited - AND he knows how to pronounce the names of our players, unlike the bloke who took over the commentary last season.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think however hard the people try it just won't be the same without Harty.

That isn't knocking the people now doing it - its just Harty WAS the phone in and took years to build up his reputation.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I thought the phone in with Comedy Steve was much better. The quality of the callers is always going to be the issue with that show of course.

As for the commentary. The new guy is fine other than his "It's still goalless here" announcements when we were 1-0 down. I had to check Sky Sports for the score. Also Paul..erm...Camalin is not the...erm...ideal...erm...pundit. He...erm...gets...erm...rather irritating. But that's just...erm...my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here