Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sort the catering out!! (feedback from Fatboy gig)

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
But when you question anyone at the club, Richard Hebbard included, regarding Transport or Catering, they/he see no problem.

So true ... there are some extraordinarily simple things they could implement to improve both but seem to have zero interest. Captive audience syndrome???

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
With due respect to you they haven't and have had 23 + games to improve during the season, which they have done but what was the crowd for the Fat boy concerts, larger than our home gates or not. I am asking because I don't know and if they weren't then they haven't learnt from the past season. Also you mentioned the outside caterers how come when they aren't allowed them for our matches again not trying to cause trouble just puzzled as to how that happened.

I think the service has improved as the season went on - based on my own experiences in the east stand.

the attendance for the gig was about the same as a home game on saturday (less on friday) but the west stand upper bars and east bars werent available. There were some bars on the pitch to mitigate that. I think that those attending simply were more drinking minded, and drank more and for longer than a football match. Its the difference between managing weatherspoons in a town centre as opposed to a village local in the back end of west hoathly.

as for the outside caterers - like you, I wonder why this cant be allowed on a match day given that it was achievable at the weekend.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Arsenal use the sort of equipment you get a most music festivals where 6 pints are poured at the same time so they loads lined up ready to go.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think the service has improved as the season went on - based on my own experiences in the east stand.

as for the outside caterers - like you, I wonder why this cant be allowed on a match day given that it was achievable at the weekend.

I agree with the general improvement in service to WSL but as regards the outside outlets hasn't the reason been given continually by Richard Hebberd that it was against the terms of the licence due to Health and Safety and evacuation in an emergency so why should the weekend have been any different if the attendance was much the same or perhaps we are being fed a line because Azure don't want to operate them and do not want competitors operating either.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Arsenal use the sort of equipment you get a most music festivals where 6 pints are poured at the same time so they loads lined up ready to go.

The person who decided that the on-pitch bars should be single pumps really dose need to be shot. Did they really genuinely think this would work?

Workers Beer Tent do Glastonbury and somehow seem to mobilise sufficient bars and staff at short notice and provide a good service. Are you listening Tony?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The person who decided that the on-pitch bars should be single pumps really dose need to be shot. Did they really genuinely think this would work?
?

Especially when they were pouring them to ORDER and not in advance. Just have ONE person pouring HUNDREDS whilst someone else takes the monies.

Also they were just pouring FOAM in our queue. I would say it took about 1 minute PER pint. Honestly. It was bonkers. This is mainly how my 3 hour wait was achieved.

Last edited:

Firstly, I understand that the club did do research on this, and ordered the same amount of beer as the O2 order when they have an event that will be serving a lot more people. Most of this went on the Friday night! It's not so much that the club got it wrong as the people that turned up were far more on the piss than people that go to the O2. Secondly, you can understand why the club wanted to not over order as it will just sit there until August.

Not sure whether it was Azure or the promoters that were running the catering but it's hardly a shock either way that it's similar staff.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Get some of these:

[yt]uD9lU3RlzBc[/yt]

Job done:thumbsup:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Firstly, I understand that the club did do research on this, and ordered the same amount of beer as the O2 order when they have an event that will be serving a lot more people. Most of this went on the Friday night! It's not so much that the club got it wrong as the people that turned up were far more on the piss than people that go to the O2. Secondly, you can understand why the club wanted to not over order as it will just sit there until August.

Not sure whether it was Azure or the promoters that were running the catering but it's hardly a shock either way that it's similar staff.
Sale or return, with the quantities they sell at the Amex any wholesaler would offer this service.

Sale or return, with the quantities they sell at the Amex any wholesaler would offer this service.

Yeah, if it's the club or Azure (depending on the contracts that they have in place already). A promoter may not be able to do this. Anyway, f*** it, the fact remains they bought what they had been told by the O2 would be plenty for the 2 gigs, and the pissheads of Brighton went through it all in 1 night!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought they dealt direct with Scottish Courage or whatever their name is now as I have seen their lorries at The Amex. They could have picked up the unused on Monday or Wednesday no problem and the opened kegs would be ok for at least 6 = 8 weeks which would take in the first game or friendly at The Stadium so no problem just needs the catering manager to get some balls and sort it with the rep. Either do it or we will change to Carling then just see how quick they would jump and do it..

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
At last, someone else sees sense.

Get rid of them, and Richard Hebbard, and SO many things could improve.

I would expect the club to take over and appoint their own staff when the contract runs out and use Azure, to set it up and get over the teething problems, then run it themselves as a separate company. Isnt their contract for 5 years?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
To be honest, what were you really expecting?

You all know that at half time and after the final whistle the cues are long. This was baisically a 8 hour halftime with most people going to one or two areas and the vast majority of people who were there wanting to drink, unlike a matchday. I didnt have any problem getting beers because I was expecting to have a wait.

I thought it was an amazing night and I really hope they can do something similar next summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here