Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sort the catering out!! (feedback from Fatboy gig)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why? Bright beer dispensed by gravity is quicker to pour than a keg beer dispensed by CO2!

I thought you had worked in the pub trade!

Yes it is, as it takes, or should take 16 secs to dispense a pint via CO2 or Nitrogen mixed gas if the equipment is set up properly and the beer is cold. but I wouldn't think that Harveys would have the outlets to dispose of a large quantity of bright bitter if it didn't sell well. Any major suppliers could dispose of a number of kegs of John Smith This is taking into account it was probably a younger crowd for Fat Boy than the matches and they would have wanted more lager or cider.

Dont try to teach a chicken to suck eggs, a good lesson in life

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Dont try to teach a chicken to suck eggs, a good lesson in life

I heeded the warnings not to teach my granny to suck eggs, but it never even occurred to me to teach a chicken. I wouldn't know where to start.

And what would be the point ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
To be honest, what were you really expecting?

You all know that at half time and after the final whistle the cues are long. This was baisically a 8 hour halftime with most people going to one or two areas and the vast majority of people who were there wanting to drink, unlike a matchday. I didnt have any problem getting beers because I was expecting to have a wait.

I thought it was an amazing night and I really hope they can do something similar next summer.

This - drank about 14 pints whilst I was there. Had a great night.

Smile

Aug 19, 2011
I'd be interested to see how people found the catering at the recent Coldplay Emirates gigs.

Dont know about Emirates but they have it sorted in Madrid, as well as the normal bars, 50 guys walking round with kegs on their back plus double size glasses (around 2 pints)

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Good to get the opinion from a non-Albion fan who went on Friday...

Positives; very impressive stadium and setting for a concert.
Negatives; they ran out of beer at 17:00!! the gig went from 14:00 to 23:00!
when will they sort this out?! apparently they got 'some' more later on, but not really enough.

has to be one of THE things they need to improve. not just beer but the catering in general is very poor.

yes this is probably fixtures. :annoyed:

Think you will find that Harvey's ran out and certain drinks in Dick's but 1664 and Foster's were going strong right until the end...if you do not like them, tough luck and start liking them! I hate Foster's but I still drank it because I wanted to get drunk and enjoy the event. :cheers: have not regretted it one bit!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I heeded the warnings not to teach my granny to suck eggs, but it never even occurred to me to teach a chicken. I wouldn't know where to start.

And what would be the point ?

I don't know, but it'd have to have some sort of distendable beak.

Nov 20, 2003
hove
The only outside catering was for the crew and norman cooks staff and guests ,everywhere else was azure .My mate was looking after norm and co and it was a request by norm as he always has the same lot look after him hope this clears up any confusion

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The only outside catering was for the crew and norman cooks staff and guests ,everywhere else was azure .My mate was looking after norm and co and it was a request by norm as he always has the same lot look after him hope this clears up any confusion

It doesnt matter who was entitled to take advantage of it the whole point is Richard Hebberd always maintains that our licence for the stadium does not permit it as the area has to be kept completely clear for emergency evacuation if needed

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

So azure arranged the pizza and noodle bars outside the west stand did they? Also mere paying customers could use them.

It's like others on here saying that bars didn't run out at 5pm when at least 3 separate people on this thread have all independently said it.

Nov 20, 2003
hove
when i said outside, not outside the ground but a indpendent co.came in just to look after the crew and norman, this happens at many venues .azure looked after all the public sales ect

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Easy question to answer- has Richard Hebberd or anyone else from the club ever sought the views of supporters about catering or transport arrangements? I think we can all work out the answer!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
To be honest, what were you really expecting?

You all know that at half time and after the final whistle the cues are long. This was baisically a 8 hour halftime with most people going to one or two areas and the vast majority of people who were there wanting to drink, unlike a matchday. I didnt have any problem getting beers because I was expecting to have a wait.

I thought it was an amazing night and I really hope they can do something similar next summer.

You are, of course, right. People SHOULD expect a long queue.

However, that's not the issue in my experience. Me and my group ACCEPTED it would take a while to get a drink. That's fine.

However 3 hours wait, pumps breaking, pints being poured to order, pints being poured that were 90% foam (thuis neededing emptying and repouring) was, quite frankly, ridiculous.

It shouldn't take on average 1 minute to serve 1 person a pint. Bonkers.

Now, let me make this clear, the gig was AWESOME. The stadium is fantastic and I think the catering is excellent on matchdays.

However, Saturday had so many basic errors in mass serving.

Yes its easy in hindsight to be an expert, but would ANYONE here think that taking the money and pouring the beer for EACH order as it comes was really the best way of going about things?

I'm only ranting as i'm DESPERATE for them to sort it and the Amex to hold another gig next year.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes its easy in hindsight to be an expert, but would ANYONE here think that taking the money and pouring the beer for EACH order as it comes was really the best way of going about things?

I still struggle to understand how Azure got this so wrong. I go to large scale gigs and festivals regularly and I am struggling to think of the last time I had to wait a silly amount of time for a drink. There must be a very simple industry model and/or figures of consumption which you follow for providing crowds with beer...after all it is something which is so established in the UK. I can only guess gigs is new territory for Azure and the person at the top is a bit stupid?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here