Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sorry to get political on an Albion site but.....

But he has offered solutions in this area. Here are two.

He'll give back power to headteachers to run their school as they see fit

He'll make people that live on benefits do community work if they don't find a job

What do you think about those policies. Wrong? Right? Come on have an opinion rather than just sniping.

Personally I agree more with the second idea more than the right. I think headteachers probably want a bit of help and control from above, but I don't think you can be tough enough on people who won't (not can't) work for a living.

You can't just dismiss Cameron as a toff nob that doesn't have a clue.

The first one- no chance. Headmasters, if getting the sole decisions on running a school are apt to become power freaks.
My school was King's Manor and we got an idiot who was moved from a borstal for his own safety. He declared that all the teachers with facial hair had to shave, and promptly lost several of his academically best staff.
He had petty vendettas, and a student who tried to reason with any of his policies, he would call a "soft-soap" (his words to my parents). Meanwhile, the school had perverts, a paedo (dating a 14yr old girl), at least one queer gym-teachers who manifested queerness by watching boys shower, making sexual innuendos and 'naked detentions' (distracted enough by little boys, not to notice when a few stopped turning up to any of his classes, ever! :thumbsup: ).
Some students were discouraged enough by the headmaster and his running of things, that they declined to elongate their education by any further years/terms, or take higher certificated examinations.

Would I want such an idiot having full reign of power over such an important thing as a childs' education? No freakin way, regardless. If any political party advocated that, I'd be against it.
Today, if you spoke the headmaster's name 'Whitehead' to anyone from that school, it would produce a lot of disdain.

Jobless doing community work? Hmm, perhaps after a designated time off work, a rehabilitation system should be arranged to build their esteem and get them confidence to get back into employment. This already exists (and I have no idea who introduced it). Enough time unemployed, and you will be assigned to a company that (monitors attendance,) helps in creating a CV for you, introduces extra studies and gives personal assistances in finding work. There's an office on Queens Rd name of Kennedy-Scott, who do just that, and another company (Gvt run? not sure) on North St.

As for the concept of taking a crowd of unemployed people out together or putting them into some kind of workhouse - er...... I think I can see that creating more problems than it would solve! Like asking them to do things that are nothing to do with their skill or education, throwing different personalities together and expecting them to labour harmoniously and smoothly?? Would that make an accountant or draftsman more confidant to re-enter the workplace, just the same as a construction labourer?
I believe that helping the individual with constructive and personal individual attention, is far better in the long run. And as I say - that's already being done.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here