Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sorry to get political but.......

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
All well and good BoF, but there's also her neighbours carpet which was bequeathed to her in an old book, centuries old that she's got designs on too.....

Ah yes. But you are forgetting the neighbour from the other side, Ahmed, who has been using that carpet for G-d knows how long and is not willing to render its ownership. Tricky times.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There are some deserving poor - people who's lives have been turned upside down by circumstances outside their control, and asylum seekers who have had to flee from appalling life-threatening situations.
There are also professional blaggers, who get every penny they can from us tax-payers, via state benefits, that they can.
The trouble is, the systems we have in place to award benefits is not really capable of distinguishing one sort from the other.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
'West Sussex County Council Asylum Seekers Fund'

Does this fund actually exist? Just googled it and nothing came up.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Adams virgo shirt has hit the nail on the head,even if this guys carpets were payed for by the DHSS/Council he would have to pay it back weekly

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Not fair? So this single mum - what do you know of her? Was she working before? Is she going to go back to work sometime in the future? How much tax has she paid? Is she able to work? What's her flat like? Bet it ain't palatial.

This asylum seeker - what's his story? Should we senf him back rather than fund ANY of his being over here. You're aware that asylum seekers have very little opportunity to work don't you? There's huge restrictions on them trying to get employed. Should we also take away his sofa? His bed? Should we send him home?

You may well be right Harty but to try and start a debate like this based on such emotive language and little facts as you've got at your fingertips is the kind of thing that's best left to the Sun newspaper.

Top post :clap:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So if I died tomorrow then (fingers crossed I don't but hypothetically speaking) should I tell my NOK not to ask Harty to arrange my funeral? I need to know this as it is in my will that Harty does arrange it so I'm worried now!

If you do not have a prepayment funeral funeral plan in place and your NOK cannot afford it he/she can get a grant irrespective of who the undertakers are Harty or anybody else.

When my mother in law died her children paid for her funeral but we then found out, too late, that as the youngest daughter was on benefit she could have arranged the funeral and she would have got a grant but as the other children arranged it they couldnt as they could afford to pay for it. She would have to have insisted that she and only she was responsible for her mothers funeral arrangements but i am sure that could have been done.

Most people now, take out a funeral plan insurance I believe or that is what an ex of my sons who works for Dignity told him, as she did us about the grant.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You may well be right Harty but to try and start a debate like this based on such emotive language and little facts as you've got at your fingertips is the kind of thing that's best left to the Sun newspaper.

Sadly it is from a BBC broadcaster. Whilst we are on the subject of tax payers money am I allowed a rant about license fee payers money being given to provincial little Englanders who form judgement based on little to no facts and hearsay?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
From what I understand all Asylum seekers funding like that comes from central government and not from local councils.

I tried to find it as well.

So basically this thread is total bullshit then. And the BBC employee these people?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
As I said on another thread this morning I am having all sorts of problems getting my partner into the country. By the time she comes here we will be married but that in itself is nowhere near enough. As it is I have been told by my local council that should I ever apply for one I would never get a council house as my wife is a non EEC passport holder.

I do wonder what's the point of being British is these days.

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
If you do not have a prepayment funeral funeral plan in place and your NOK cannot afford it he/she can get a grant irrespective of who the undertakers are Harty or anybody else.

When my mother in law died her children paid for her funeral but we then found out, too late, that as the youngest daughter was on benefit she could have arranged the funeral and she would have got a grant but as the other children arranged it they couldnt as they could afford to pay for it. She would have to have insisted that she and only she was responsible for her mothers funeral arrangements but i am sure that could have been done.

Most people now, take out a funeral plan insurance I believe or that is what an ex of my sons who works for Dignity told him, as she did us about the grant.

You missed my point BG. I meant, that if I died tomorrow, my entitlement to the funeral grant exists, but would Harty accept the money? His posts on this thread imply that welfare funding stuff for low income benefit claimants is wrong, so would his principles allow him to accept welfare money to arrange my funeral?

I think it's wonderful that when someone starts a reasonable discussion on here about how unfair life in this festering shit hole has become all the pinkos get there Calvins in a twist.I'm off to Australia where my hard work will not be thrown back at me in the form of a shit sandwich and all the rainbow Daves can shove it up there well f***ed fart boxes,Can You imagine Australia putting up with c*nts like Omar "ooh I was collecting butterflies in the Torra Borra when the nasty Americanos put chili powder in my eyes"Deghayes?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I think it's wonderful that when someone starts a reasonable discussion on here about how unfair life in this festering shit hole has become all the pinkos get there Calvins in a twist.I'm off to Australia where my hard work will not be thrown back at me in the form of a shit sandwich and all the rainbow Daves can shove it up there well f***ed fart boxes,Can You imagine Australia putting up with c*nts like Omar "ooh I was collecting butterflies in the Torra Borra when the nasty Americanos put chili powder in my eyes"Deghayes?

I'm sure you'll enjoy abusing those lazy, good for nothing, bastard Abos.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I quite like the idea that you will be on the other side of the planet to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here