Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sorry to get political but.......

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Steady now, AVS and CG. Don't go muddying a classic NSC immigrant/single mum thread with this sort of nonsense. We don't need to know anything more than a single mum and an asylum seeker are getting a carpet gratis and a tax-paying British pensioner (I'm almost tempted to say WHITE pensioner) has to pay for it. Allegedly.

Actually, I'm offended that no-one has called me a bleeding heart liberal yet...

Oh do shut up and pass the hummous...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But your missing the point Buzzer three people had carpets but only one person actually paid for it, yours and my taxes paid for the others.

Not really fair whichever way you look at it.

What's the issue with the single mother? She might have a fair and legitimate reason for DSS support. After all, a lot of people are out of work.

BTW this is a very tired and trite discussion point often trotted out by saloon bar bores who hark back to a day when there was only 3 tv channels.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yeah, well good luck in a worldwide recession with a couple of old Etonian NiceButDim chinless wonders steering the good ship UK then. Hope you get the government you deserve :thumbsup:

Won't be long, so don't worry

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This isn't political either it is one persons rant against what they perceive to be an unfair system where older people they think don't get what they deserve.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
What's the issue with the single mother? She might have a fair and legitimate reason for DSS support. After all, a lot of people are out of work.

BTW this is a very tired and trite discussion point often trotted out by saloon bar bores who hark back to a day when there was only 3 tv channels.

QED. :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sorry Tom I can only go on what I was told.

I've been told loads of things in my time....I tend to ensure I have something reasonably informed (and interesting) before I pass anything on though.

D

Deleted User X18H

This type of thing has been going on for many years if you help yourself you will get nothing if you do nothing you can help yourself!

If you work hard pay you taxes and NI contributions you basically won't get much back, 6 months maximum if you have what is perceived to be over the maximum in savings.

If you have not done much by way of work or you have rocked up from far away lands because you are being persecuted you will get whatever you need if you are a pensioner who has worked 50 odd years contributed for 50 odd years and want some extra help basically you can f*** off.

Some one said to me recently we have a moat around this country...........maybe we should draw up the bridge.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
"Lighten up" Buzzer!!

Don't take this board so seriously. ???

One for you...........................

[yt]4HHT_V294Co[/yt]

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Also, why do the dullards who trot out this argument always assume they are speaking for all tax payers? Bit arrogant if you ask me. I'll be the judge of what I'm happy to fund with my taxes thank you.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Lighten up? I thought it was obvious I was being facetious, Fazz. Ackcherley that reminds me of a great song I was listening to today that would cheer everyone up...

[yt]ozaZuB6TVbc[/yt]

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Get it yourself you bloody hippy. It's over there next to the Observer Weekend guide on top of that ethically traded Peruvian hand-crafted by peasants rustic table.

And get your hair cut.

I was gutted when the Pier went bust :(

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
Lighten up? I thought it was obvious I was being facetious, Fazz. Ackcherley that reminds me of a great song I was listening to today that would cheer everyone up...

Buzzer
I dont even know what facetious means but i do know the expression "taking the piss"!!

Would it be "facetious" to post this for all the "right-of-centre" posters that might be watching in? ???

[yt]bErWjUarXfI[/yt]

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
As in fact they do if the persons responsible for the funeral are on benefit.

So if I died tomorrow then (fingers crossed I don't but hypothetically speaking) should I tell my NOK not to ask Harty to arrange my funeral? I need to know this as it is in my will that Harty does arrange it so I'm worried now!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here